Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't care if its microsoft blackberry or linux as long as its the one ... Windows Smartphones forum

azmoto no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Can Windows Mobile squash BlackBerry?

Advertisement

I don't care if its microsoft blackberry or linux as long as its the one made by RIM...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    I would hate to see MS dominate anything. I mean, they own my pc, they hide junk on there w/o my permission. OS is unstable as heck. Anti-Trust, haha!

I would hate to see them screw BB up.
    I honestly would welcome the change. I think right now the limitations for WM devices is the hardware. It crashes too much, the T-mobile Wing/Cingular 8250* is a great device but it sucks for multitasting. I would like to see what WM6 could do on a device that could support it. See how fast it could run and so on. This device would make the Iphone look like one of the 1penny phones from CarToys.

But of course the software for a device out there with matching hardware is the Iphone right now, you can see it in the price.

BlackBerrys are the most stable and the e-mail is the best program to date. That is why I have stuck with Blackberries over the last 2 years is because of this, first with my 7105 (22months) and my Pearl.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Make no mistake folks, it is not the device that is causing the problems with WM which is what most people seem to think (maybe with the exception of the Tmo Wing/HTC Prophet.) The issue is the software, just like with the desktop windows. I've seen Windows Mobile on everything from a Dash to the latest HTC Tytn II/AT&T Tilt and even with the power under the hood of the Tilt, WM is still laggy sometimes and is a memory whore. I've had almost every PDA phone/Blackberry that's been out in the last couple years and you cannot and will not beat a blackberry for it's speed, emails, contacts, multi=-tasking etc......At the end of the day this is just a Microsoft lemming shooting off at the mouth. It's easier said than done to take on RIM. User's (especially IT folks like myself) will go with what works, what is reliable, and with what gets the job done efficiently and acurrately, and a blackberry is as sure as the sun coming up tomorrow.....
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Windows mobile has been unable to squash their own problems.
    Get a BlackBerry and you'll get the job done, and any personal work as well.
    RIM is fast and responsive to the market, whereas Microsoft is still trying to decide what to do.....duh......

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2

We were never able to get WM devices to connect to our Exchange Server. We didn't try very hard, but still, it should not be that difficult.

Once the issues with BIS and Exchange 2007 were worked out, I was able to connect my BB to OWA within minutes and haven't looked back.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334 View Post
    It may cut costs but "you get what you pay for"

We have both Windows and Blackberry devices on our servers. The windows phones crash 4 times a day and freeze all the time. You have to ctl-alt-delte (task manager dumb) just to get the things to function at 50% of what they are supposed to do. And you have to do that about every 2 hours. Not worth it.

Im with you, you do get what you pay for.
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Microsoft/windows will NEVER squash BB. At least not while I'm alive
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

ong-gia no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    i wish blackberries had easier to crack software like windows mobile. i have a windows mobile phone too and i havent had to pay for any of the programs i have ever since i got it. the only program i want for my blackberry is jivetalk and i dont want to pay for that.

Why not just steal a credit card to buy jivetalk--since you don't mind stealing?

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I agree I mean sheeesh . Everybody likes to get things for free, who doesn't but come on.... somebody needs to get paid for creating them, especially when it is worth while.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    I agree I mean sheeesh . Everybody likes to get things for free, who doesn't but come on.... somebody needs to get paid for creating them, especially when it is worth while.

"Wired" magazine may be just a shadow of its former self, but do check out the article about "Free!" .

BigPoppa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi

Ive used both BB's and WM's with BB Connect. Even in the HTC Diamond the BB Connect does not run as it should and then spends most of its time frozen. I have uninstalled it and the HTC just about works like a phone. WM and phones are a No No in my opinion.

Regards

Wasim

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I have been using WM for the first time and im trying to like it, I do like the 3rd party apps for it, but when im running more than one program it slows down and eventually needs a battery pull. My BB never did that.

Oh and trying to back up my calander and phone book to my computer with WM is a major pain in the nads, I could back up my BB and go in less than 2 mins.

Edit: I found a program that freed up my RAM to about 110% at start up, its called SKtools. Its free and i reccomend it. No more slow downs.
    Last edited by phatmanxxl; 12-31-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    phatman the phat stacker!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12