Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi I have a dilema, albeit a nice one! lol I have been using smartphones ... Windows Smartphones forum

mattgod69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry or Windows Mobile??

Advertisement

Hi I have a dilema, albeit a nice one! lol

I have been using smartphones and pocket pcs for my personal contact for some time now..... SPV E100, 200, 500, 600, M5000 and now the M3100..... I love them especially the 3100..... My work phone is now being replaced with either a blackberry (pearl or one with a full keyboard) or a qtek or 1210 (similar to the c600 i think).

I am just wondering if I should get a pearl for a change.... although my heart is with WM for the syncing with no problems etc..... I just wondered if anyone has any experience of the Pearl or the 1210 and had any comments or advice..... My personal phone will def be staying as a WM device......., its just the work phone.....

Cheers in anticipation.....

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Blackberry or Windows Mobile??

At anytime, if I had to choose between a windows os or blackberry os... I would get the blackberry without even thinking about it lol but I'm a microsoft/windows hater so ..... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer
    ... but I'm a microsoft/windows hater so ..... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    you and me both. I'm glad they are around for the competition and all but, I hate using it. Mac all the way, therefore BB too
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

To be fair, when I first got a BB it took some getting used to, but I think thats fair to say about any new OS... BUT - with that being said - the BB OS is one of the easiest and most logical to use....

I tried a WM5 device (Blackjack) and hated it...

Like they say "One you go black(berry) you never go back!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I used to use WM devices and I hated WM5 and the PPC Phone Edition series of devices.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Actually your problem may be easily solved. If your WM device is using WM 6.0 or is upgradeable to WM 6.0 you can download and use the Blackberry emulator and get all your blackberry functionality with a WM device. (Disclaimer: I agree with the rest on the choice being automatic for myself to go with a BB device.)

Zo.

louee6 no está en línea Stack level 3

If you decide to go any Blackberry, my opinion is the 8700. It is an outstanding phone. I also rock the Tmobile Mda which is a Windows Mobile phone that also have outstanding features. My opinion, stay with 2 pones, gotta have that back up!

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ this site has a lot of BB lovers, you should ask somewhere else 2. I love my phone, there is nothing complicated about it. It looks awsome and has all the functionallities I need. I like to have my phone on the go in my pocket. "pocket pc's" don't fit in ur pocket. I'm not leaving BB for any os

fbriceno97 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ BB's 100% is my recomendation

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Bb all day

neeeko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Have tried a SPV M3000 from Orange...now i got a BB8800 ...would never go back to the buggy crappy WM OS, just my 2 cents..

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not a windows hater, my laptop has 3 installations of windows xp and a vista installation, I own a zune, not an ipod, but I have had several windows mobile devices and I have to say that unless wm6 is some kind of super fly OS the likes of which the world has never seen then ill be sticking with the berry for my phone

Corbett no está en línea Stack level 2

To offer a differny viewpoint, I absolutely LOVE Microsoft. I love Windows Vista and Office 2007. However, their OS WindowsMobile for cell phones is AWEFULL! I had an MPX200 and it rebooted and was just overall very slow. I just had a Q for a few days and couldnt stand how slow their OS STILL IS!

Anyone who is even debating between the 2 is smoking crack. There is just no comparrison to the Blackberry OS.

cypher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    876-5309

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~^ well said! I've been using palm and windows ce before there was a phone attached to them. As a phone, I've had a treo 600 up til the treo 700 (winDOZE). I couldn't stand the dated 90's look of palm and the daily soft resets of windows mobile. The pearl was my first bb. And I'm a proud owner of the 8800. I am never looking back. Once you go black(berry), you'll never go back! Lol

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I haven't had enough of a play with any WM device to say anything about them. But I'm on my second BB now and I would have to be VERY WELL convinced to deviate to anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast