Hey guys- I couldn't resist and bought a hd2 from tmo- it should be arriiving ... Windows Smartphones forum

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

bb to winmo

Advertisement

Hey guys- I couldn't resist and bought a hd2 from tmo- it should be arriiving later this week- my question is do I have to change my internet plan? I currently have the blackberry web plan

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes you do have to change your plan to whatever the plan is called for WinMo phones.

Oh man!!

Alright guys so ive been using the hd2 for the last 8 days, screen is awesome and browsing is so much better than the bb. however i think that i am attached to the bb!
    Ive been going thru my pros and cons on both devices and even though the processor, camera, and browser attracted me to the hd2, the battery life and the lack of apps are driving me away. With the 9700 i could go 24+ hours with a full charge, i cant go more than 8 hrs with the hd2. I understand it takes extra juice to power up a big screen but come on!! 8hrs!! One thing that has been bothering me is that i cant sort my contacts by last name, in order to achieve that i have to get a 3rd party app. At this point im leaning on to returning the phone back to TMO- i didnt upgrade to my line so i dont want to pay the $450 for a phone that i wont be fully happy using. And i cant even put android on it either, or at least not yet.. ive been glued to xda-develop websiite! I have until tuesday to "test" the phone out.. any recommendation, what should i do!??
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    As for the original question, no you don't have to change your plan to use a WINMo or iPhone on T-Mobile (niether device requires specific routing or servers to connect to the internet) if you are using a Blackberry or Android plan. You might from a Sidekick plan (haven't tested it yet).

As for what you should do, play with it for a little while (but less than the resturn period) and see if you can get past the little quirks you are running into. If the quirks bother you, then they will only grow more problematic (in your eyes) as time goes on. If you can live with them, then the second part would have to do with whether you can live with the phone. It is hard for anyone else to make that decision for you since you are the one who is going to use it.

Zo

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I had the same thoughts and problems when I had the HD 2. Good smartphone, and it being Windows, I can't understand the sync problems with Outlook ! In this aspect BB really spoils you! The battery was also, with my very heavy usage, limited to less than the 8 hours you claim. Then I flipped and tried the HTC Desire (Android) and again the sync was infernal... My address book has over 1200 contacts (and most of them are with full details) - especially when I have many same first name contacts and I couldn't distinguish between any of them - I had to open every single contact and see the details to be able to distinguish them. A no-no in a busy life. At this point I went back to the BB which I never got rid of. Now I don't even think about it anymore. Winmo and Android are out...
    The best alternative has been the iPhone - at least my Outlook (contacts, Notes, Tasks and calendar) sync properly.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    To Amigoteck: If what you're saying is true, why did I have to change from the Unlimited BlackBerry package I had to the Smartphone package I now have for my HTC TP2?

i didnt have to change my plan either, im using it with the blackberry web.. sorry to say but seems like Tmo pulled a fast one on you.. at this point what im going to do is keep testing and playing with it, but it will most likely be on its way out to tmo on tuesday
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

web3221 no está en línea Stack level 1
    erica you are the correct one, but you can run some of the things from the bb plan on the hd2 and miss out on all the rest, i did it for a few days before i found out you had to change to get to use full functions in winmo

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    To Amigoteck: If what you're saying is true, why did I have to change from the Unlimited BlackBerry package I had to the Smartphone package I now have for my HTC TP2?

Techie_Jr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Having recently changed from a Blackberry plan to a Windows 7 data plan on T-Mobile just wanted to advise on the price difference. My Blackberry plan was $20/month for unlimited e-mail/data and now I'm paying $30/month for the same. The rep at the store said they went up on prices, probably to offset the upgrades to their network.

uanitaJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    Some Additional tips for you:
    Apply the official updates-
    The first thing to do after loading the new HTC HD2 is to visit the HTC support site to check for updates officially released. Like Microsoft routinely issues patches and other updates to Windows computers, often launch HTC files to fix and / or improve the functions of the users to download and install. By clicking on the "Download" to apply the update to take you to the page with installation instructions and more information on the repair / upgrade.

Convert your music into a ringtone.
    There is nothing wrong with the standard set in rings and HD2, but why not turn any MP3 into a ringtone so you can hear the music when someone calls your place? Go to File Explorer and navigate to the folder containing all the music. Find the song you want, press and hold the title until the pop-up appears, and choose "Set as ringtone."

BsB Install Settings.
    If you are looking for an absolute must-have for the HD2 is BsB adjustments makeveral xda-developers forum member. It is a free utility that takes some of the best registry changes and packaged in an attractive interface could not be easier to use.
    Recover hidden games.
    The T-Mobile HD2 comes with six preloaded games / demos: Teeter, Guitar Hero 5 Mobile, and demonstrations of Millionaires 2010, Ferrari GT Evolution, Prince of Persia HD, and Tetris. This is already a good selection but did you know that Solitaire and Bubble Breaker are in your new phone too? They're just hidden.
    To recover, go to File Explorer -> My Device -> Windows and find Bubble Breaker. Hold the item until the pop-up window appears, select Copy from the menu, then scroll up and touch the Start Menu folder -> Programs -> Games. Press and hold an empty space on the screen until the pop-up window appears and select Paste Shortcut from the menu. If you want to rename the file (by default, to be called "Shortcut to Bubble Breaker"), hold the item until the pop-up window appears, select Rename from the menu, enter any name you want, and press the Enter / Return key on your keyboard.

Repeat the process with Solitaire.

mobile user testing