So I have been contemplating the Fuze (Touch Pro) for ATT now that it's out. ... Windows Smartphones forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone contemplating the HTC Touch Pro/Fuze?

Advertisement

So I have been contemplating the Fuze (Touch Pro) for ATT now that it's out. Has anyone else? The main gripes I had with windows mobile phones was the unstability and crappy touch screen. It looks like 6.1 with some tweaks and the new touch screen sysem on the Touch Pro has resolved some of my doubts. I'm thinking it's wortha go since its also a little cheaper than the Bold. Don't get me wrong, the Bold is awesome, but for consumer use, the Windows mobile platform has many more useful applications.
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    So I have been contemplating the Fuze (Touch Pro) for ATT now that it's out. Has anyone else? I'm thinking it's wortha go since its also a little cheaper than the Bold. Don't get me wrong, the Bold is awesome, but for consumer use, the Windows mobile platform has many more useful applications.
    I have nothing bad to say about Windows Mobile. I happen to think, based on my personal experience with many different WM smartphones that HTC is one of the best handset makers.

That said, Windows Mobile is as good as dead, they just don't know it yet. While I acknowledge your comment on the useful applications, the problem remains the base operating system and the fact that the public is becoming more and more aware of the problems. They are no longer willing to put up with the irregular performance, and other issues.

The iPhone has captured the lions share of previous WM enthusiasts, and between the "big three" comprised of the BB platform, the iPhone platform, and the Symbian platform which is huge world wide, the WM platforms days are numbered. Despite all of the money that MS has to throw at this project, they are still failing miserably and at some point, they will silently disappear from the landscape. The windows mobile party is over.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I have a co-worker who got a FUSE today. I got to play with it for a few minutes earlier. I wasn't impressed. First of all, it is a fingerprint magnet. Second, it is very heavy and think - kinda reminded me of a small black brick. That being said, the display was very nice on it, it has 3G, and seemed to be what he wanted. He checked out a Bold and liked the keyboard/screen of the FUSE more.

As much as I love the blackberry, I am incredibly disasopinted that their 3rd party application list has basically remained the same. This is the reason why some of the nokias are looking very tempting. The Symbian platform is looking very tempting. The the E71 looks awesome and is the price of the bold without a contract and unlocked. I don't understand the point of a faster processor in the bold when the os is essentially the same and the 3rd party development package is still very limited.

BigDASH no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a HTC Touch Pro (VZW) and I have been happy with it. This is my third HTC smartphone. HTC Apache (XV6700) -> HTC Titan (XV6800) -> HTC Touch Pro (XV6850). This one is the only one I have not hacked/ flashed as of yet. I have had the device a little more than 2 months.

There are thinkgs that don't work as well as from my other devices but other things that work better. YMMV!

annapink15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    the pro is a good windows mobile phone but if you want something with faster windows os on it i would go with the se xperia...but yea i had the sprint version of the pro and it was good for windows mobile but i would go to a bold or new curve any day...or like people stated the e71 is great

I actually decided on an e71 that I had for a few months. Fantastic phone and great operating system. Lacks the finesse and cleanliness of the bb messagin services. Email was horrid on it in my opinion. If I hadn't been spoiled by bb email, I would still have. But considering that I email and text message more than anything else, I went back to my bold. Also I can seriously roll out messages with the bold keyboard and that wasn't so much the case with the e71 however.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had a WM-based HP iPAQ 6315 a few years ago and actually LOVED the interface; the clip on keyboard and durability of the phone sucked though. Don't know how WM could possibly be dead. I'm looking forward to the WM Treo Pro when it becomes available. I've also looked at the Dash, Wing, and the HP iPAQ 900c Messenger (expensive as CRAP though as no carrier has it and I'm not dropping $400 on an unlocked phone) and ALMOST bought the SDA when T-Mo had it a few years ago.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-09-2009 at 12:37 AM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Nokias designs tend to be narrow, like my E71. Therefore the keyboard suffers.

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    My brother had the Fuze, it's very customizable with hacks but he didn't like it at all. He had a lot of problems and the day I got my G1 he went out and got one the next day.

I thought the screen was beautiful, all HTC screens are, the only bad thing about it is that it's a windows mobile and I just don't like WinMo at all. My brother loves his G1 though, even though it's missing the 3G on AT&T, the browser on the fuze was horrible compared to google's browser on the G1.

The touch screen was nearly impossible to use with your fingers though, but I think it's because of the amazing resolution on the phone. With the stylus it was decent but not like the G1 and definately not like the iPhone.

If you want 3rd party apps, Nokia and Apple are the way to go. Just I would recommend that you stay away from E71s, the phone is built nicely but with one flaw. The antenna was put on the very bottom of the phone, so if you hold it like a phone your bars will drop and you will actually see your bars dropping. That's why I sold mine. Here's one of the few websites out there that have reported this, and I have actually experienced this myself. http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...on-issues-mmm/
    And since they dropped BlackBerry Connect, emailing really sucks. If only these two problems were fixed the E71 would have been the best phone ever.