My Palm Pre gives me the blue screen of death after installing the SkyscapePreClassic-Installer.prc. I ... HP Smartphones forum

mch15ljns no está en línea Stack level 1

Skyscape gave me blue screen of death on my Palm Pre

Advertisement

My Palm Pre gives me the blue screen of death after installing the SkyscapePreClassic-Installer.prc. I cannot install my Skyscape product hence. I have tried my previous skyscape products on my Pre without the installer from site and it gives me the same problem after installing the SMART files. Please help!!

skyscapeinc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey mch15ljns, we have documented this issue. Here is the answer, from our FAQ:

Q: My Palm Pre Crashes or Blue Screens After Installing Skyscape
    A: This will happen if you have previously used the Motion Apps Import Tool to do your installation. After trying to install Skyscape resources with the Import Tool, what happens is that the Import is run every time Classic starts, and when that fails it will blue screen.
    If the device is stuck in a blue screen you will need to reset to Palm Pre device. This means the Erase All Data reset. Before doing this, a backup should be done. Once this is done you will sign in to your Palm Profile again, which will restore the backed up environment to the device. The Classic App is restored to the device at this point, but the running of the Import Tool upon start is now removed.
    Once this has been completed you can then follow the instructions in our Palm Pre Installation Guide:
    http://www.skyscape.com/support/guides/Palm_Pre_Installation_Instructions.pdf