Hi guys, Really hoping someone can help me! I have a Berry 8700, which I ... HP Smartphones forum

J-to-tha-K no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Please help! BB Connect & Palm Treo 750v

Advertisement

Hi guys,

Really hoping someone can help me! I have a Berry 8700, which I love. I've now started using it a lot to make phone calls, as opposed to just e-mail. For this reason, I decided to try out the Treo 750v in the UK, on Vodafone.

Vodafone's Business E-mail service sucks. It automatically configures email account as IMAP, and so when my message arrive on the Treo, they already appear as read, or don't appear at all, and so i'm missing a lot of messages! :cry:

I recently heard that you can get BB Connect on the Treo, but Vodafone nor anyone else seems to know how... Can someone please help me? If I could just try the BB Connect on my Treo, I would be over the moon! I don't know if it will fix the issues i'm having, but I really want to try it.

It may also just not be possible, in which case, i'd really love a definitive answer, so I can stop wasting my time, and just return the Treo within the 14 day trial period...

Thanks guys!
    JK

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: Please help! BB Connect & Palm Treo 750v

JK,

Welcome to PinStack!

J-to-tha-K no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by chatster18
    JK,

Welcome to PinStack!
    Thanks Chatster! I love these forums full of smart people! I just hope there's someone that can help!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to pinstack! I'm sure someone will be around shortly with an answer to your question

Buk_eye01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E85DB9

welcome to the stacks....trust some1 here will be able to help you this place is fullof brainiacs!

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

I've been researching the same thing, well, mostly for the Treo 700p/w series. I'll post anything I find and hopefully you'll do the same, lol.

petahs no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've had experience with the 650 and BB connect and also the Nokia 9300 and BB connect. Although it's nice it's features are limited.

aussienick no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi JK,

Have you found the BB Connect software? I have the BB connect handheld and desktop software for the Treo 750v.

Here is the link for the download, dont be worried that it says Vodafone it works on all unlocked Treo 750s. It comes in 2 compenents, an install of the dekstop and handheld software.

http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...ea/BBCVoda.zip

Nick

blacina no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by aussienick
    Hi JK,

Have you found the BB Connect software? I have the BB connect handheld and desktop software for the Treo 750v.

Here is the link for the download, dont be worried that it says Vodafone it works on all unlocked Treo 750s. It comes in 2 compenents, an install of the dekstop and handheld software.

snip - snip
    Nick
    I have never heard that before and have been trying for months to figure out a way to get BBC to work on a non Vodafone Treo 750!? How did you learn this? Is it documented somewhere? This is BIG news if it the real McCoy!
    Thanks...

aussienick no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i found this on the treonaut site by doing some googling. As I said it works a treat and the Treo 750 has a great keyboard for emailing