Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am about to go to telus store and i just got struck with a ... HP Smartphones forum

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Palm vs BB

Advertisement

I am about to go to telus store and i just got struck with a thought. PALM! Well i have used one before, kinda cool. My main question is waht are some benefits of palm over BB. I dont email much, most of the stuff id do is media, and browsing.
    And the biggest question, is the os on balm devices updatable just like on bb????

waht about Moto 9qc?
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I work for a telus dealer in Alberta and I can say this: BB is better in terms of signal and features.
    Palm does have it's advantages, such as native ms word, excel, and PDF support. The treo 755p(newest one) has built in google maps too and the battery life is great. And the touchscreen is cool.
    However, my issues with include: complexity with settings and email accounts compared to BB; they are still huge and heavy; BB's have better signal - more dropped calls when comparing the two.
    Hope this helps.
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also keep in mind - if you have a lot of apps like I do, with Palm it is possible to save and run them from the memory card. BB's are stuck with the small bit of onboard memory they have.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah me 2. Thankfully I bought the 8330 and have 96MB of memory on board. But what fCastle says is true, unless u download a 3rd party app to install on your SD.
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've had 4 Palms over 10+ years. The software is dated, cludgy, and prone to resets from 3-rd party apps. I almost bought a Treo 755P and looked at the BB lineup out of desparation since there has been nothing new (except for empty promises) for the past 5 years.

Buying my 8330 was one of the smartest mobile moves that I've made to date. The OS took a bit of getting used to and my only major concern was importing years of contacts and calendar info to my BB. Once I saw that the DM included the Palm import function, I was sold! Call quality was also a consideration and it's rock solid, with no resets in the middle of a call.

I gave my T3 and my T|X to my kids for them to have mobile devices. There is still a ton of software for Palm out there but the BB user commuity has a lot of OTA alternatives out there which used to exist on my Palm. I'm finding more and more 'replacements' for my BB from my T|X every day.

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hah I have made my descision, I will stick with the curve lol, I got the palm for a few hours, I returned it before I left the mall. My friends were shopping and I stuck around and man, it was the worst device, to be completly honest, I liked the fact that it was touch, that was kinda cool, and youtube, but otherwise it was infirior in every way

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    i played with a treo 680 and was irratated because of the difficulty to do anything on that device i couldn't change the language from spanish to english and i never did it

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I sold both for almost 7 yrs and in that time BB were the most consistently dependable devices we ever sold! Palm were highly troublesome, software to hardware they had 2-3xs the issues of any other phone!
    Last edited by thbassman; 06-23-2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: sp
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    to be honest i would cant wait for the soooo long promissed new palm os. It was been like five years of teasing. Best belive when it comes out, it better make people poop bricks, burst eyeballs, and blow up ear drums! To be honest i am kinda exited to see what they have done! Seems intereseting, but as far as i remeber they promised to realease it ever god damn summer lol
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Question Stupid To Purchase Treo 780?

I just purchased a new unlocked Palm Treo from Ebay. I absolutely love my BB Curve 8320 but I was curious about the Treo so I purchased it. I haven't received it yet and im already reading tons of negative reviews. If it comes to it, Ill just send it back. Im waiting for someone to tell me something good about that phone. I guess I shouldve read all of the reviews first. It was an impulse purchase (Obviously).

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Palms are not bad phones; a lot of us here are former Palm users. Just a bit dated, IMHO.

Now, do you mean a 680 or a 750? I am not familiar with the 780.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had been eyeballing the Pro or Centro. Just not sure which one to pick up LOL

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Neither one of those sway me. The Centro is a bit clunky; haven't handled a Pro yet.

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3

Palm Pre Changes Game

Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post
    ... it better make people poop bricks, burst eyeballs, and blow up ear drums! To be honest i am kinda exited to see what they have done!
    This end user is very impressed. I even called Sprint yesterday to inquire about their Airave box. I had not even heard of it until I started searching around about the Pre. I have T-Mo UMA now and need the in home signal help (no landline).

The Pre UI looks fabulously simple. I watched the 5 part demo on youtube. I like the size (iphone too big), the physical keyboard, the "cards", the multitasking, the speed (EVDO and processor). I like the "pebble" shape too. I'll bet it sits nicely in the hand. My only prior Palm was a Pilot.

I hope it syncs with Mac easily (Markspace?).

Compared to BB? Personally, my laggy Flip might see early retirement. T-mo's (not even released yet) Curve 8900 STILL won't have 3G. The Storm and Bold never had any appeal to me. BB OS (4.6) looks very outdated to me right now.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

The only drawback to the Pre right now is no media card. I may wait to see if the second generation Pre comes with one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast