The poor folks at Palm are going broke. Maybe they can get in line back ... HP Smartphones forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Palm Needs Bailout

Advertisement

The poor folks at Palm are going broke. Maybe they can get in line back in D.C. for a bridge loan or something.
    Per BGR:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...astic-decline/

BB_KC_Boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2079E897
    Well if they started using Windows Mobile they might be a lot better i remember my Palm and it has the palm OS and i hated it... No Apps... Well none that where good.. they best app i had was a ring tone maker app...
    T- Mobile G1 using Cyanogen Build 4.1.11.1 Android 1.6 On T-Mobile Network
    Running a Hero Based Theme

I AM A PC AND LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I remember when Palm was the "house-hold word " when it came to mobility and not many people talked about blackberry. A bail out won't do any good without a serious change in their infastructure, marketing strategies, and product analysis. And, at this point I don't think they have a choice. They need serious help........

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hahaha that's funny. Now I'm not bashing PALM, they have been around for a long time. From B&W stand alone PDA's til now. Some of them have been really nice and user friendly. But they are no match for RIM imo.

We are all feeling this worldwide economic depression. Its hard for everyone and every company. Maybe they will stick it out.

hgraphicsds1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31BCA9D6

Graphic Designer, BBhead

Yeah. I stood behind Palm like the secret service, until the bugs and paranormal app malfunctions poisoned my business. Now I got a Curve, a better grasp on business communications, and a nifty pile of Treos. Imo, Palm needs to bail out!

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Let em go bankrupt!!!! I don't want my tax dollars to bail out anymore of these companies!!!!! Just becouse they make stupid decisions, piss poor devices, and bad marketing does not entital them to have the amercian people pay for their stupitidy!!!!! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    oh geez dont get me started on bail outs. all i will say is......

wheres my bail out?

palm, you do not make that much of an impact on the united states.....just ride it out like the rest of us citizens

FailedAngrMgmt no está en línea Stack level 2
    i think their downfall was when they started using windows mobile...i had the 800w...junk. and wheres my bailout too?

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_KC_Boy View Post
    Well if they started using Windows Mobile they might be a lot better i remember my Palm and it has the palm OS and i hated it... No Apps... Well none that where good.. they best app i had was a ring tone maker app...

Did you say no apps for Palm? I think Palm, even today, has the MOST apps (fee and share) of any platform. In fact, I'd say that they have more apps than all the other platforms combined.

I think they got stagnant. No innovation. And then, the pushing out of devices with WinMo, while being a business decision, was also a tacit acknowledgment of the fact that they lost the battle.

I agree with you though... Palm OS has become harder to love...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_KC_Boy View Post
    They do have a whole lineup of WM devices:

Treo Pro (newest)
    800w
    700w/wx