Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Can anyone confirm this? Link So after all the complaining about the lack of Copy/Paste ... HP Smartphones forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Can anyone confirm this?

Link

So after all the complaining about the lack of Copy/Paste on the iPhone we finally have the Pre which has this feature. Yes!!!!!.....except it is a complete waste of time on the Pre.

Ummm...so what is the point of this exactly. The Pre can only copy editable text. So if you find something on the web you want to copy....doesn't work. Want to copy a phone number someone texts you....doesn't work. What about and email? Sure you can copy info from an email after you hit reply, then copy and paste that info, then hit menu and finally cancel the message. So why would you need copy and paste then if it can't do the three most common Copy/Paste tasks you would want on a phone. It makes no sense.

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Got mine yesterday morning. I was first in line at my local Sprint stores. I got hooked up on accesories. 50% off on the touchstone, 25% off on a case. This phone is awesome so far. The screen looks and reacts amazing. The keyboard is a little smaller than my curve but I'm already used to it. The UI is very easy and simple to use. You just have to get used to a few things. The apps that are already out for it are pretty cool.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    I switched to Pre and then went back to my 8330
    TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dymin30 no está en línea Stack level 2
    doe anyone know if its possible to forward texts to other cell phones from the pre?

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    im still waiting for more intel from everyone else. i have a 8330 but i have a friend that has it and it much faster and smoother to work with so ill wait a month or so see if im up to it switching to a pre

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dymin30 View Post
    doe anyone know if its possible to forward texts to other cell phones from the pre?
    With the Pre's current OS forwarding texts is not possible, But I hear that this might get fixed in a firmware update.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    I was a 8330 user and i made the jump to pre, and i love it, still have growing pains but that life, bb was also came with growing pains and so did G1, iphone, etc....
    you get the point, it just depends what you are looking for,

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I was a 8330 user and i made the jump to pre, and i love it, still have growing pains but that life, bb was also came with growing pains and so did G1, iphone, etc....
    you get the point, it just depends what you are looking for,
    That's the key, to narrow down your own personal needs in a device and then seek out a phone that meets it.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Thumbs up

I totally agree, I was a Palm Treo 650 user before i jumped to BB 8703e then got the 8330 and i love the BB, but the Pre meets my needs just as well with better OS, the Pre is a new kid on the block and there are always growing pains, the Pre is just learning how to sit and after a OS update it will start to crawl and it will walk and run, just a like child, with that said if you dont work for a company that uses BB's then this is a great personal phone, it has lot of room to grow. Just got pin point your own personal needs.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I purchased the Pre as an upgrade to my 8330 but unlike the previous posterN I have come to the conclusin that the Pre will not be replacing my BB anytime soon. The Pre is a great phone that offers many great features that are very beautifully implemented...navigation on the Pre is a breeze although I actually think that app switcher on BBs works better for me because on the Pre Apps that are open are cards but no cards will ALWAYS stay open in the background like they do on the BB. The cards are cool and the whole not having to save all the time is WONDERFUL!! Also the internet on the Pre is terrific!!

My biggest gripes about the Pre/WebOS is that the battery life on the Pre is terrible!! Now I understand you can toggle off your connections and change your email pull settings but if you are only getting email every hour, you might as well just check from yor computer anyway. I was never able to get more than 6 hours usage on the Pre without having to charge it and I hardly ever actually used it as a phone. Additonally, the keyboard on the Pre sucks....honestly that was more of a deal breaker for me than the battery life because I have no problem carrying two batteries. The keys on the keuyboard are small an cramped and offer very little feedback. Palm really dropped the ball on the keyboard. Additionally the buikd quality of the Pre is subpar....slider alreayu had play in it after of only a week of usage and paint was chipping off the bottom of the handset. Palm seemed to have rushed the production of the hardware and that is the reason I think the Pre felt cheap.

Honestly, I really like the Pre and hope it does well. I think that non BB users will love it and that it will be at hit with them. BB users on the otherhand will find the Pre to be lacking some productivity features that make us love our BBs so much....
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dymin30 View Post
    Nope, not an option.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I felt that same way about the keyboard, after having used a BB keyboard the Pre keyboard was dissapointing plus too small for my hands.
    I also noticed the construction, it's almost squeezable soft and I was concerned about that too.
    The touch was ok but since I'm an iPhone user there was nothing that excited me.
    The lack of landscape keyboard did catch me off guard. I was not even thinking about that till after using it and realizing there is no way that would work.

Nice phone nonetheless, just not for me.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    CNet seems to really like the Pre also. They have posted a few good reviews now that the phone has been out for awhile and people have had a chance to use it.

PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    Some people might have issues with battery but i got the Seidio Innocell 1350 Extended Battery for Palm Pre and it works great, waiting to get my TouchStone. What i have learned over the past 1+ months is that if you are a heavy business user or a heavy BB messenger user and depend on none stop emails then you better off with the BB, but if you are like me and just a regular business man or a casual user then the Pre is great for you (my opinion). After the OS update to 1.1, lot of things are worked out but still have long way to go for complete fix, I had only 5 people on my bb mess, 2 left for the iPhones, so i had 3 (wife & kids) now i use gtalk and love it. What i got tired of from RIM is that they keep coming out with new devices but same old OS with extremely little OS updates. This Pre is very refreshing, does lot of different things at same time, and battery life is not the greatest with original battery but i remember when i had my Curve 8330 that i would also drain battery listening to my MP3's and chatting so same thing here, no biggy. Pre lacks in some address book, and sounds. Cant customize them yet, but it is coming.
    If anyone is interested in getting the Pre go for and knock yourself out, you will have fun with it, if you dont mind some growing pains. You can always PM and i will be more then happy to answer any question you might have about the Pre.

I still have my 8330 in the drawer just in case.

jroadside27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do not waste your time and money with this phone. I got it because I had an upgrade on my sprint line. This phone may I say sucks. Thank god I have my 8900 still on my Att account. The pre has a whole facebook commercial yet there is no facebook app for it. The sync feature is horrible it imports everything and I mean everything. Try having 300+ friends on facebook and when you link your pre with your account it brings every one of your friends on to your contacts. This phone lacks the basic stuff. How about copy and paste or even spell check? How does it look when I am trying to send business emails and you can't even double check your spelling before you send. The battery sucks and lasts all of maybe 6 hours with minimal use.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast