Hi everyone! Well i posted earlier that i moved on from my pearl to an ... HP Smartphones forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Just Stopping By...Treo 750

Advertisement

Hi everyone!

Well i posted earlier that i moved on from my pearl to an unlocked treo 750 that i unlocked from cingular. someone asked what my impressions were.

well first off, its a lot easier to download from sites, and use apps that are consistent from pc to handheld as its all window based, so it makes it a lot easier rather than fussing with 3rd party apps.

i noticed on the forums, there are tons of hacks just like the pearl that allow you to do all sorts of neat things.

the windows os (although i heard is unstable) has been very stable, unlike the palm os. however the blackberry is probably just as stable if not more. its very fast and i heard that the new WM6 os update will be tons faster, i actually saw a video on it and its extremely fast while say running, word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, email accounts, internet, settings, and other apps all running simeoutaneously without any lag or delay, very fast and snappy.

however still, hands down the email interface of the blackberry is its key asset. however the treo 750 isn't too far off, both have great push email features. i enjoyed both.

the treo is quite a bit heavier, even though this unit is the same size as the 650, it feels sleeker and thinner by the sloped design. it has a rubberish feel to the exterior which is nice for additional grip and a peice of mind that it won't easily slip out of your hand.

the screen is nice and very very bright, but i'm not sure if its the screen or what but the screen seems a tad bit sharper on the pearl. the camera is about the same quality, the treo 750 does have a nice video recorder that actually does a great job. i know that the treo 750 supports a 4gb mini sd card currently but i heard of a patch coming out to support a 8gb mini if possible.

but overall, the features and easy usability without having to fuss with 3rd party apps and tweaks in order for programs to run is great regarding the 750. but still the email interface of the blackberry is still very nice.

** oh yeah, i forgot to add, i found out a way to set my proxy to a certain setting where i can use TMobileWeb service (which is only for push emaiL) where it can be used for unlimited data service (internet and email). and this plan through Tmobile is only $4.99!!!! ** its a hell of a deal and it works, no issues at all! so that was a nice surprise while switching over. **

thats my little overview. nice to see everyone again. still no treo forum has the snappy response and community like the pinstack forum.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Just Stopping By...Treo 750

Ahhh my old friend bbpearlrox, u're back!

Have fu with treo and make sure u dont forget us

mjkone no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have many Execs at my company using the Treo 750. As soon as they have "too much" info in their mailbox, the Treo slows up so badly, it might as well be a paperweight.
    So if you are a HEAVY calendar user, keep 500+ contacts, or average 100s of emails daily... Just be cautious.

By the way, I have moved some of these same Execs to BlackBerrys and everything is smoother than Britney Spears's head.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Hope you enjoy your treo!..

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mjkone
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have many Execs at my company using the Treo 750. As soon as they have "too much" info in their mailbox, the Treo slows up so badly, it might as well be a paperweight.
    So if you are a HEAVY calendar user, keep 500+ contacts, or average 100s of emails daily... Just be cautious.

By the way, I have moved some of these same Execs to BlackBerrys and everything is smoother than Britney Spears's head.
    lol. touche' touche'.

yeah i dont have too much running, i try not to build up my pushed gmail messages in my inbox too much, i have about 200 that i keep it at all sorted in different folders. its just like windows xp or vista, when you have to much running, theres a folder called memory where you can go into that program and it shows all the running programs and those that you can stop running which vastly increases your processing speed.

just fyi for your execs who DO have the treo 750 still. there is a video floating around online of someone using the new windows mobile 6, which is said to be an update straight from palm/windows which shows it running tons of apps along with emails/picttures and internet at 3g, and the entire unit is running VERY fast, faster then what the WM5 can run with just, say...2 apps running. but the WM5 does not lag to say the least.

but like i said before, for your execs who are pushing out these emails day in and day out, the blackberry was a smart move as these phones are built for a great email interface. the treo 750 is more for all these other things, i like the full desktop view online (which i know you can do with the pearl tim italy release) but it seems a bit clearer and smoother online with a bigger screen, also the full qwerty, today screen are very convenient.

and on top of that, a little bypass to get unlimited data (email/internet) for $4.99 a month!

but of course i still have love for the pearl. hands down, i believe these are the two best handhelds on the market. the pearl and 750. we must unite...we cannot be strangers, we are not fighters, we are lovers....lets come together.