Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Synopsis of situation: I've been using RIM products for over 2 years now, I got ... HP Smartphones forum

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41

I'm In Denial

Advertisement

Synopsis of situation:

I've been using RIM products for over 2 years now, I got a Treo 650 from a friend and hated it, I actually ran it over with my tractor. I broke my 8800, and needed an interim replacement until my new Bold arrived, so I found a really, really cheap Treo 680, thinking to myself "I'll only need it for a week or so, I can handle it." Well my bold will be here today and I have a problem.

I think I've fallen in love with my 680, although it is really hard to admit it. I hated the 650, mainly because it felt like it was going to fall apart if I pressed a button too hard, the keyboard felt like crap, and the controls made no sense to me at all.

With the 680, it feels like all my gripes have been addressed. The phone itself is a joy to hold, one of the most solid handsets I've ever had. The keyboard is a joy to use, except you do have to push the buttons a bit hard to use them, and after an hour of use, all the controls just made sense. I love the browser, the main phone screen, the only complaint I have now is that versamail doesnt seem to want to get my email, but the browser takes care of that. I can play NES games on the Palm with sound and no lag whatsoever, unlike the NES games I played on the blackberry.

I think I'm going insane, I need o good shot of Bold when I get home to sober me up.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    im glad you like it.. You know thats like a 2 year old phone, right???
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6452_7-...tag=mncol;page

The bold will put you back to sanity...
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 01-20-2009 at 03:01 PM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    The 680 was a pretty good phone. I liked that it didn't have that stubby antenna, and I used it for a few months. But WinMo.. nono.

Just wait until you get your Bold, though.. it'll knock some sense into you.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    im glad you like it.. You know thats like a 2 year old phone, right???
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6452_7-...tag=mncol;page

Your link might be bad.(Never mind, Charlie, it's fixed.)

Glad you are enjoying your new-found love.
    Last edited by Jbee; 01-20-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: update...on bad link.

PIN/ID
    20922A41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Your link might be bad.(Never mind, Charlie, it's fixed.)

Glad you are enjoying your new-found love.
    Don't call it that! I feel like I'm cheating on RIM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Indeed the 680 was a great phone. Wait till you get the Bold or the 8900 and experience the high res screen, the responsiveness of the menus, the more comfortable keyboard, the more elegant design, the better camera etc...
    Palm was never up to compete with BB in my book .... until the Pre ... i cannot wait to get my hands on one.
    That said, the bold will bring you back to BB ... trust me

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if you dont want to switch back to BB you can just send me your bold.

lol jk, the bold will smack you back to reality, and if it doesnt you can still send it my way
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just quick update, he got his Bold yesterday and he loves it (i think... lol)

PIN/ID
    20922A41
    Yes I do love it. Everything about it actually. The screen is almost flawless, the stereo sound makes me go boom, the speed is unreal, i can actually pull the phone out of the pouch and don't have to wait for the email to pop up, the looks are perfect, I loved the look of the 8800 and this just improves on a good thing.

Look at me, gusking about the bold in the palm section.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    AFTER you wrote a post saying you were thinking of sticking with a 3years old outdated device

PIN/ID
    20922A41
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    AFTER you wrote a post saying you were thinking of sticking with a 3years old outdated device
    I never even thought of sticking with the 680. Not for a moment. I just need to see a BlackBerry, and things happen to me that even my girlfriend can't make happen.
    Anand Sihra

PS: Feel free to add me to BlackBerry Messenger. PIN is in profile.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Thanks for the personal insight and follow up! Pre is supposed to be an awesome device, and coming soon

PIN/ID
    20922A41
    Well I'll be sure to take it fir a spin when the GSM version appears.
    Anand Sihra

PS: Feel free to add me to BlackBerry Messenger. PIN is in profile.

annapink15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    you cant compare a bold to the 680 ...bold is amazing 680 is like all the treo it eventually will have its probs just wait you shall see ...and i've been a treo user for years...bold is amazing it will blow you away....edit sorry i just rea dthe update ahha enjoy

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    The 680 was a pretty good phone. I liked that it didn't have that stubby antenna, and I used it for a few months. But WinMo.. nono.

Just wait until you get your Bold, though.. it'll knock some sense into you.
    The 680 has Palm OS Garnet 5.4, it is a solid phone, it doesn't have WinMo.

I just bought this phone for my Wife, and she loves it. I actually like it too. I never liked using the calendar and tasks on my blackberry. I still use a Franklin Planer and a LifeDrive.

The 680 I am thinking of getting would replace both my BB8120, and my Life Drive. I am leaning towards getting one myself. The 680 is one of the best phones that Palm ever made including the newest of the treo line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast