Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

After playing with the pre for a bit, makes me really understand how behind the ... HP Smartphones forum

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

After playing with the pre for a bit, makes me really understand how behind the times RIM is with their OS. Physically I prefer my BOLD, but that's where it stops. I mean. Have you seen threaded sms on the pre? Absolutely brilliant. I don't know kno what the hell rim is waiting for but they better step onda gas. They drop 4-5 phones a year in different shapes n sizes but they're all running the same BS OS. smh.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by els718 View Post
    After playing with the pre for a bit, makes me really understand how behind the times RIM is with their OS. Physically I prefer my BOLD, but that's where it stops. I mean. Have you seen threaded sms on the pre? Absolutely brilliant. I don't know kno what the hell rim is waiting for but they better step onda gas. They drop 4-5 phones a year in different shapes n sizes but they're all running the same BS OS. smh.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I loved my Bold and it was the best BB I have ever had but the more I thought about it the more I was pulled away. Other than changing the icons it's the same OS as the original Pearl. It's nice and works great but seems to be limited in it's appeal. It does not seem to be going anywhere.
    Why are they so obsessed with releasing so many different model phones? It's becoming so hard to keep track of them all and more importantly the differences.
    I would rather see them work on the OS and cut back to only a few models.
    Heck even GM and Chrysler are finally admitting that was one of their mistakes, tooooooooo many models with no innovation. Same ol" same ol"

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    I got a Palm Pre on the release day and used it for 1 day, went back to my Curve 8330 this morning(Monday), it is a nice phone but it reset 2 times and turned off 1 time. Feels good in the hand but looks very fragile. If i was not use to my bb i would have stayed with the Pre but the bb is better. The Pre has very nice screen and very bright color display, did not like the Pre keyboard, when you slide it up and you trying to type using the top line on keys, its not very comfortable cause you hitting the bottom of the slider, also they should have made a virtual keyboard like the iPhone, so this way we have a choice of which keyboard to use, when you surfing the net and flip the Pre sideways you dont have a keyboard to use. I went back to the BB and now I am happy.
    TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

csmr38 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3180db60
    I made the switch. I was in line at seven in the morbing for mine. I was seventh in line. I love my pre!
    Kick it like I do

pdaddyjenks no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't know I'll wait and see and read the reviews from all of you. Sometimes there's bugs in new phones, like the when the I phone came out. Then they come out with a new and improved upgrade shortly after. If its a hit.besides I'm used to my bb. Now if that was a bb that came out I definitely. would snag it.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    There will be update cause the Pre is missing lot of things in the software.
    TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sstallard no está en línea Stack level 2
    I made the switch from my Storm to the Pre, so far I like the Pre much better than the Storm. The only thing I don't like about the Pre is battery life.

Has anyone else had this issue w/ the battery life? I work in an area w/ poor reception so I understand some issues w/ the battery. Since it is constantly searching for a network, will that drain my battery this fast? After 4 hours, mostly idle time with a few txt msgs and gtalk chats, I'm already at 60% battery left. Does this seem normal?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by sstallard View Post
    I made the switch from my Storm to the Pre, so far I like the Pre much better than the Storm. The only thing I don't like about the Pre is battery life.

Has anyone else had this issue w/ the battery life? I work in an area w/ poor reception so I understand some issues w/ the battery. Since it is constantly searching for a network, will that drain my battery this fast? After 4 hours, mostly idle time with a few txt msgs and gtalk chats, I'm already at 60% battery left. Does this seem normal?

What I've read about the pre is that the poor battery life is normal.

boner1982 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I wouldn't get too excited about the pre yet. Phones always look amazing before they come out. Keep in mind that this is software untested in the consumer market yet. And its a brand new OS for palm. I won't abandon my Blackberry ever. Everytime a new company tries to rival blackberry they fail miserably. Palm's are great phones just don't get your hopes up yet. We are talking about a company who's first 2 megapixel phone is the pre.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I had an hour to kill today and so I went down the street to the Sprint store.

I played with the Pre for about 45 minutes. I love the OS and that's it. The Pre reminds me of the Pearl. Anyone who can work with small things should be in heaven.

I have to leave it with that.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Why? Please say it ain't so... People are actually leaving the BB world? lol

PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^Curiosity always kills the cat, you know that.^^

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was the first in line at my loacl Best But store on June 6 to pick up one/three Pres that were available at that particular Best Buy store.......I returned the phone yesterday afternoon and am back on my Alltel/Verizon 8330.
    I was hoping that the Pre would be a good successor to my 8330 and although the Pre had many strong points, there were too many areas where I was let down. First, as previous posters mentioned, the battery life on the Pre is terrible. While I understand we can easily toggle connections off when they are not in use, that is not a solution to excessive battery drainage when other phones offer the same features w/o the poor battery life. I do think thŕt the WebOS's implementation of toggling connections was very intuitive and straightforward. Secondly the keyboard really sucked....while I do agree that a physical keyboard is more efficieŃt than a virtual keyboard, that wa no the case with the Pre. The keys provided very little feedback and are tiny. My hands are small and I still was not very effective using the keys. Another issue I had was with the build quality and design of the phone itself. The phone just did not seem very well made and I already had play in the slider as well as a chipping paint.

Don't get me wrong though, the Pre has many great features that make BB's look so archaic! As a previous poster mentioned, sms and aol/gchat on the Pre are wonderful!! I am going to have a tough time adjusting back to the siloed display on the BB. But why did the Pre not offer more of the Popular I'm services? Additonally, the internet on the Pre is terrific!! Pages loaded lightning fast and I was able to view almost all pages in the desktop format and not the watered down mobile version. The cards were also a great feature on the Pre that I am going to miss.

Overall I am glad that I experienced the Pre for myself and saw how I would be able to integrate it into my life. Overall, the Pre will be a hit with non BB users but I think many BB users wil l find it to be lacking....

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    For me the issue is the carrier. I've had Sprint twice and each time my biggest issue was losing my connection in areas I should have had a connection. One was my neighborhood. The other was work. The other issue is the hype the phone is getting. Of course when a new phone comes out with all the bells and whistles people jump all over it. I'm just not built that way. In fact other than my old sidekick which I thought was lacking in many things I bumped into the pearl (my first BB) by accident. Since then I've loved blackberry. Really everything I need is on the blackberry. I'm sure in due time they will omprove upon the features so ill wait patiently. I do however hope every one enjoys their new Pre! Let us know if its an awesome phone.

blacberry215 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30CB1546
    keeping my bb and palm pre

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast