Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay.. I know that this is a BlackBerry site and I'm not saying I don't ... HP Smartphones forum

M.J.H. no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Anyone Gone From a BlackBerry to a Treo? Advice Needed!

Advertisement

Okay.. I know that this is a BlackBerry site and I'm not saying I don't love my Pearl phone but a few complaints I have are the lack of a full keyboard and the tiny screen. Now I know everyone is going to say just get the Curve when it comes out for Verizon and I very well might, but has anyone made the switch from a BlackBerry to a Treo and if so how do you like it? I love the group texting on the Treo and I love the full keyboard and I really like the finance programs I have seen on it. And my co-workers at work seem to think the Treo is better all around for work purposes what do you guys think? I am also somewhat disappointed in the battery life of the Pearl, too.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    The software my company uses isn't compatible with BB- it only works with palm, so I bought a treo 600 and here's my take on it: Keep the blackberry.
    The full qwerty keyboard is nice but I've gotten used to suretype so it's not even an issue with me. The touch screen was always losing accuracy and it was even worse with a screen protector. The pictures the camara took don't seem as clear as my Pearl's, either. I will however agree that the calculator bundle on the treo is superior to the basic one on the Pearl. Tricky to learn but once you do they come in handy- especially the finance and weights and measures converters. I got a lot of use out of those. That calender was better organized as well. I would have liked graffiti as well. It has a ton of aftermarket support, but blackberry is getting there. I ended up selling it and just getting an E2. It has the calculator bundle and graffiti and most importantly dope wars works fine so I'm good with that at least until the end of he year when my company switches to a windows based platform, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it... Hope this helps...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by riff_raff; 03-31-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    normally it's the other way around I went from a treo to a BB and never looked back
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I had a 7130e, went to a Centro...just dont like the OS it feels so out of date (and it is). yes it has a lot of apps for it, but inorder to do full exchange integration you need Good messaging (good.com) and its a little pricey even compared to the blackberry solution. Also if your company has a BES (blackberry enterprise server) I would def go for the bb. I just switched to an 8830, and I love it!

Hope this helps.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

BIGT456 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D4B32
    A couple of years ago, I was flip-flopping between Treos and BBs for work purposes but have finally come to realization that nothing can match the BB at all!

My curve handles EVERYTHING for me, if you can hold out I would definitely suggest picking up the curve come May once Verizon releases it.

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Last week I ask was TMO ever getting the Treo's, I had a lot of negative response just for asking that question under the TMO section. I have the 8320 and love it. But I also love the touch screen some of the other apps. the Treo & Centro have on them. My son (21) has the Treo & my wife has the centro. If they could morph the Curve & the Treo I would be in heaven (until some other bad a** mofo came out.) Then I would be in the same place all over again.

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66
    That's why I have the full qwerty keyboard on my bb 8830. Ditch the treo and the pearl and get the 8830.

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41
    I have temporarily started using a Treo 650 until my Bold comes, and I must say going to a Palm device from a BlackBerry is like moving from a 5 star hotel to a roach motel. The Palm simply lacks the sophistication of the BlackBerry IMHO. And VersaMail sucks.

galavanter no está en línea Stack level 3

Palm Now Putting on the Ritz

Had you resurrected this thread a week ago your statement might well have been true. I guess it might (My only Palm was a Pilot) still be true as the Pre is not yet released. But in a few months BB users may be wondering why they don't even have a coffee maker in the room, while Palm Pre users are drinking the Cristal just arrived via room service.

Quote Originally Posted by anandsihra View Post
    I must say going to a Palm device from a BlackBerry is like moving from a 5 star hotel to a roach motel. The Palm simply lacks the sophistication of the BlackBerry IMHO.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by anandsihra View Post
    I have temporarily started using a Treo 650 until my Bold comes, and I must say going to a Palm device from a BlackBerry is like moving from a 5 star hotel to a roach motel. The Palm simply lacks the sophistication of the BlackBerry IMHO. And VersaMail sucks.
    I have to disagree on this statement. I looked at the Pre and, if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't support media cards right now, I would be all over it when it comes out. Another problem with Palm is that they cater to the CDMA world. The Centro was the last Palm device that came to the GSM side of the world (only saying that because I don't know when the Treo Pro will be released as a GSM phone).

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I believe Palm has released the Treo Pro for GSM, just not in the us, you can pick one up on E-bay but $500 later, it might not be worth it. Thou the Windows Mobile platform isn't as bad as the outdated Palm Garnet.

Colbalt looks to be like a nice OS, problem is that they don't have it out on a device yet. I believe Colbalt is Palm OS 6.x and above.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    No but I am seriously considering going from my Curve 8330 to the Palm pre~

PIN/ID
    retired
    I honestly would wait to see if the Palm Pre will fit your needs. I hear it might not have the functionality of an Older Palm. My wife just bought a treo 680, it is actually a good phone, and is something i am thinking of buying.

dugget no está en línea Stack level 2
    i went from a bb 8100 to a treo 650. i would love mine back.

PIN/ID
    retired
    What would you want back, your 8100?
    ~via 8120~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast