Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello guys, Well I joined this community today because i m looking to buy a ... Apple iPhone forum

kemroon no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Which should i buy ? iPhone 4G OR HTC EVO 4G

Advertisement

Hello guys,
    Well I joined this community today because i m looking to buy a new iphone ,As recently running a latest 4G on market and i have good budget right now ,,moreover my all of friends alredy bought this iPhone so i m so curious to buy it.. but i have read an article here An iphone Lover's Take on The HTC EVO 4GAn iPhone Lover’s Take On The HTC EVO 4G
    In this article mentioned lot of features then iPhone 4G so i want to more advance then my friends and colleges guys ..

Actually i m confusing little bit which should i buy so I need your best suggestion..

Regard
    kemroon

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    they both good phones- iphone is having some signal issues but that will be corrected soon-- i would go to a store and feel the device itself
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The iPhone 4 is NOT 4G it's Apple's 4th generation iPhone. The HTC Evo does have the option to use 4G if you have that service in your area. It's going to cost more each month but that's expected and keep in mind the Evo 4G will need charging every 4 hours. The battery is not very good so may look at buying an extra battery if you go that route.

There's a lot to like about iPhone 4. From its slim design to its precision chassis to its fantastic display, the hardware looks and feels excellent. Unlike previous iPhones, there's no cheap plastic back cover. Unlike other smartphone alternatives, there's no array of buttons to keep track of, no rubber flaps or plastic covers to break off or wear out, and no pointer device needed to make up for a haphazard and flawed touch interface

In the end I would chose the device that fits you best not what your friends think or what we think. You will be happier that way.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I can hardly imagine myself saying this, since I'm a BB fanatic. But if your choice is only between the two, forget the HTC Evo. Unless you have jumper cables to keep it charged and sunblinds to create some shade to be able to read the display in a bright sunlight environment...
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-28-2010 at 06:58 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahaha, well your honesty means more than anything so your all good

oh? and all true too

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I'll make this real easy on you dude... iPhone 4's a 3G device. Does that help? People keep calling me at work asking about the iPhone 4G, it doesn't exist and won't exist for another year. I just read somewhere that they sold 1.7 million iPhone 4's in three days... I wonder how many of those folks will be pissed to never see that 3G symbol switch to 4G. :x
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    they both good phones- iphone is having some signal issues but that will be corrected soon-- i would go to a store and feel the device itself
    Yeah i have seen both phone and looks relly cool but i want to buy only one ..and don't know any type of issue in it.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    The iPhone 4 is NOT 4G it's Apple's 4th generation iPhone. The HTC Evo does have the option to use 4G if you have that service in your area. It's going to cost more each month but that's expected and keep in mind the Evo 4G will need charging every 4 hours. The battery is not very good so may look at buying an extra battery if you go that route.

There's a lot to like about iPhone 4. From its slim design to its precision chassis to its fantastic display, the hardware looks and feels excellent. Unlike previous iPhones, there's no cheap plastic back cover. Unlike other smartphone alternatives, there's no array of buttons to keep track of, no rubber flaps or plastic covers to break off or wear out, and no pointer device needed to make up for a haphazard and flawed touch interface

In the end I would chose the device that fits you best not what your friends think or what we think. You will be happier that way.

Absouluty right .

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    I can hardly imagine myself saying this, since I'm a BB fanatic. But if your choice is only between the two, forget the HTC Evo. Unless you have jumper cables to keep it charged and sunblinds to to create some shade to be able to read the display in a bright sunlight environment...

Yeah i m still using BB and its forever but i want somthing latest at regular interval ..lol ..

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Latest uh ? That Will be the next smartphone to be announced sometime...like yesterday. It's a crazy world out there!

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Latest uh ? That Will be the next smartphone to be announced sometime...like yesterday. It's a crazy world out there!
    Yeah .. iPhone crazy right now ..

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Another good point ^^ It's been kRaZy since the first leaked images and announcement of iOS4. The two together in the new phone make for a great device, much better than any prior released iDevices. 3.xx or even the jump from 3G to 3GS were not even close to this one.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Remember to always choose the carrier that gives you the best service, then the phone

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Remember to always choose the carrier that gives you the best service, then the phone
    Good point .. i agreed.

Regards
    kemroon

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    I don't own an Iphone, my wife does, but I would definitely recommend an EVO, which I do own, by the way, the battery is kinda bad but not as much as some guys here make it sound :P , I have been rocking my Evo with plenty of internet, (3g, im in SD) and just pretty much been using all applications for the last few days since I bought i, and im probably recharging only after maybe 8 hours, comparing to my last Blackberry, the battery runs out on me about 2 hous sooner.
    I just left ATT a couple of months ago, and I couldnt be any happier, Im paying about 30 dlls less with Sprint, but then again Sprint does have a good signal around town, may want to take a look at that because in some areas it doesnt.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would FOR SURE take a look at the data cpverage map of both networks. Looking at voice it seems like the whole country is covered however looking at highspeed data-you will notice a much different view (when down to the street address level. They are both GREAT phones however i would wait at least another month before purchasing either or (both phones are plagued with a bad "testing" team and in both cases an unfinished product was released). IMO the evo edges out the ip4 for two major reasons. 1-the screen on ip4 is just too small, i had an iphone 3g for about a year and i could not stand the screen(big hands are a hassel on an only touch screen phone,especially when the screen is small). The evos screen (to me) is the biggest factor, its huge! I can actually type on it (unlike iphone). 2-the data side of the network: IF the data coverage is the same where you live this really doesnt natte, but generally speaking sprints data on 3g is faster than atts data (generally, if its 4am in a att area it may be faster, however atts network can't handle a high volume of uduage so when everyone else wakes up...).if you're luck enough to be in sprints 4g area its hands down a faster alternative. One east way to see how good the "highspeed" data is for att in your area is to go to att.com and look at coverage map-select att TV. Thats essentially atts highspeed data network.

To clarify i think both phones are the start of the "superphones" that are to come, for me screensize and network are whats selling me on sprint. Without a good data network the iphone is essentially a ipod, att does this wonderful (amazing device) no justice.

PS-someone earlier mentioned that the evo requires a 10 dollar monthly charge, however even with this charge the evo is still double digits cheaper for the plans people use the most.

bga123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Simultaneous voice and data

I considered both when thinking of upgrading from my current Blackberry Bold 9000. Its always the things the carrier doesn't point put that end up irritating you after you have had the phone a few days. Specifically, in this case, simultaneous voice and data. I want to be able to browse the web, receive emails and check Google maps while on a long conference call. Guess what the EVO can only do that if its using a 4G link! Even in Atlanta, not all areas have good 4G coverage outside of downtown. The iPhone 4, even with its antenna issues (assuming you buy a "bumper" can handle simultaneous voice and data on its GSM based 3G network.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast