Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Last weekend, I was one of the 1 million who was crazy enough to wait ... Apple iPhone forum

  1. #1
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440

    What You Should Know Before you Switch from BlackBerry to iPhone

    Advertisement



    Last weekend, I was one of the 1 million who was crazy enough to wait on a 3 hour line to buy an iPhone 3G. Until last Thursday, I was quite content to be a BlackBerry user for the foreseeable future. I really liked my BlackBerry 8800. A lot.
    So why the switch? Let’s face it…the iPhone 3G is a mighty fine web working smartphone.
    [Read more]

  2. #2
    armenvzw's Avatar
    armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    142
    You cant use it for lap top connect tether, I would not switch, and defiantly not going back to ATT.

  3. #3
    poetic_stud's Avatar
    poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    Posts
    255
    i feel u on att services there plans are too high for me especially when i had the iphone ugh then i switched to the att tilt and i was paying 160 a month too much plus i had a plan wit tmobile as well total bill 4 cellphones just about 200 shame

  4. #4
    Moridar's Avatar
    Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    302686bc
    Posts
    440
    It isn't a BlackBerry... It won't do or act like what you are use to. I can't see it being a permanent thing for most BlackBerry addicts...
    Gave up on Rogers! Went to Telus!

  5. #5
    tgeekb's Avatar
    tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Posts
    669
    Hayden, thank you! Finally an honest, intelligent comparison between the two devices. Even though this is a Blackberry forum, we should not be afraid to explore other products and discuss positives and negatives. I still haven't decided between the 3G iPhone and the Bold. Hope the Bold comes out soon.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

  6. #6
    Berryadict's Avatar
    Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks Hay. Nothin like the facts. RIM in my hand, Boldly.

  7. #7
    ikasen's Avatar
    ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Hayden, thank you! Finally an honest, intelligent comparison between the two devices. Even though this is a Blackberry forum, we should not be afraid to explore other products and discuss positives and negatives. I still haven't decided between the 3G iPhone and the Bold. Hope the Bold comes out soon.
    You're very correct regarding exploring other products and discussing positives and negatives of other devices!!
    I am a Blackberry lover, have been using them for years. I also hope the Bold comes out sometime this year. In the meantime, I have a new 3g iphone that I am currently using, and let me tell you, it is WAY better than most Blackberry users will admit to. I have no idea why so many Blackberry users are afraid of the truth, but the new Iphone is a fantastic device and works way better than than I have read it does. Let's hear from all the close minded Iphone haters call me a liar, as I'm the one currently using it. It takes more than an hour to get used to the keyboard, but the learning curve is quite remarkable.
    Obviously, there are more differences than just the keyboard, but I'll let all the crazies that are sure to attack me start with that. :-)

  8. #8
    Berryadict's Avatar
    Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by ikasen View Post
    You're very correct regarding exploring other products and discussing positives and negatives of other devices!!
    I am a Blackberry lover, have been using them for years. I also hope the Bold comes out sometime this year. In the meantime, I have a new 3g iphone that I am currently using, and let me tell you, it is WAY better than most Blackberry users will admit to. I have no idea why so many Blackberry users are afraid of the truth, but the new Iphone is a fantastic device and works way better than than I have read it does. Let's hear from all the close minded Iphone haters call me a liar, as I'm the one currently using it. It takes more than an hour to get used to the keyboard, but the learning curve is quite remarkable.
    Obviously, there are more differences than just the keyboard, but I'll let all the crazies that are sure to attack me start with that. :-)
    Now let's get real here. The battery goes dead in 10 minutes, there's no 3g because they were all shipped with a crappy chip, MobileMe is a MobileMess, Enterprise is out because there's serious security issues, and if you gave me a brand new 16g iPhone 3g I'd use it as a paperweight and continue using my Curve until Bold is released.

  9. #9
    diabloboi87's Avatar
    diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by ikasen View Post
    You're very correct regarding exploring other products and discussing positives and negatives of other devices!!
    I am a Blackberry lover, have been using them for years. I also hope the Bold comes out sometime this year. In the meantime, I have a new 3g iphone that I am currently using, and let me tell you, it is WAY better than most Blackberry users will admit to. I have no idea why so many Blackberry users are afraid of the truth, but the new Iphone is a fantastic device and works way better than than I have read it does. Let's hear from all the close minded Iphone haters call me a liar, as I'm the one currently using it. It takes more than an hour to get used to the keyboard, but the learning curve is quite remarkable.
    Obviously, there are more differences than just the keyboard, but I'll let all the crazies that are sure to attack me start with that. :-)
    Well as I've stated in other post, I think the Iphone 2g was the worst phone I've ever had, enough so that I would rather have a razr then a iPhone and as far as I've read the 3g version is no better, in fact what I've read so far in various online reviews (out side of the stacks) the new one is having more problems then the 2g. Also, there is no cut and paste, no MMS, and the active sync implamentation is the most horific thing I've ever seen.

  10. #10
    Berryadict's Avatar
    Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by diabloboi87 View Post
    Well as I've stated in other post, I think the Iphone 2g was the worst phone I've ever had, enough so that I would rather have a razr then a iPhone and as far as I've read the 3g version is no better, in fact what I've read so far in various online reviews (out side of the stacks) the new one is having more problems then the 2g. Also, there is no cut and paste, no MMS, and the active sync implamentation is the most horific thing I've ever seen.
    HA HA HA! Steve "MobileMess" Jobs and his gang of wonks should have stuck with overpriced computers!
    Whatta buncha Knuckleheads

  11. #11
    tgeekb's Avatar
    tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Now let's get real here. The battery goes dead in 10 minutes, there's no 3g because they were all shipped with a crappy chip, MobileMe is a MobileMess, Enterprise is out because there's serious security issues, and if you gave me a brand new 16g iPhone 3g I'd use it as a paperweight and continue using my Curve until Bold is released.
    Well, let me voice my viewpoint since I bought an 8GB iPhone 2 weeks ago. The battery lasts all day for me, no problem. There is 3G and it's very fast along with WIFI and EDGE. Don't use MobileMe but my Gmail account works great. The UI, large screen, web browsing is amazing. These comments should not be taken personally because Blackberry makes awesome phones also. I was a Curve user and loved it but felt it was time to try something else. I truly hope the Bold comes out soon for those who are waiting as this will help Blackberry move to another level.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

  12. #12
    Berryadict's Avatar
    Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Well, let me voice my viewpoint since I bought an 8GB iPhone 2 weeks ago. The battery lasts all day for me, no problem. There is 3G and it's very fast along with WIFI and EDGE. Don't use MobileMe but my Gmail account works great. The UI, large screen, web browsing is amazing. These comments should not be taken personally because Blackberry makes awesome phones also. I was a Curve user and loved it but felt it was time to try something else. I truly hope the Bold comes out soon for those who are waiting as this will help Blackberry move to another level.
    You've either got some other brand of phone, and think it's an iPhone, or you've got the only perfectly functioning one in existence-in which case, ship it to Apple so they can figure out how to make their doorstops work right.

  13. #13
    tgeekb's Avatar
    tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    You've either got some other brand of phone, and think it's an iPhone, or you've got the only perfectly functioning one in existence-in which case, ship it to Apple so they can figure out how to make their doorstops work right.
    Haha. I like your sense of humor.

    You know, as well as I, that every phone ever made has had imperfections. The iPhone is no different but to believe that every one except mine is faulty is science fiction. There is no doubt there are things to work out, but that doesn't change the positive user experience most are having. Blackberry will be there too when their newer models are out later in the year. I'm sure every one they sell will be perfect.........
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

  14. #14
    Berryadict's Avatar
    Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb View Post
    Haha. I like your sense of humor.

    You know, as well as I, that every phone ever made has had imperfections. The iPhone is no different but to believe that every one except mine is faulty is science fiction. There is no doubt there are things to work out, but that doesn't change the positive user experience most are having. Blackberry will be there too when their newer models are out later in the year. I'm sure every one they sell will be perfect.........
    With all due respect, an intolerable high percentage of users are hitting the blogs. If Jobs has to replace all those handsets with bad chips he's going to be borrowing money from me.
    Their introduction on 3g will be studied in business books for years to come under the chapter entitled "Greedy Incompetent Stupidity", and is publicly humiliating.
    DON'T even try to include RIM's forthcoming introductions in that category. They simply DO NOT operate that way.

  15. #15
    tgeekb's Avatar
    tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    With all due respect, an intolerable high percentage of users are hitting the blogs. If Jobs has to replace all those handsets with bad chips he's going to be borrowing money from me.
    Their introduction on 3g will be studied in business books for years to come under the chapter entitled "Greedy Incompetent Stupidity", and is publicly humiliating.
    DON'T even try to include RIM's forthcoming introductions in that category. They simply DO NOT operate that way.
    With all due respect, I'm not sure why you have so much hatred for an inanimate object. Sad.

    I'm off to surf the internet, stream music over Pandora, maybe reply to some emails, and play some games on my phone. Peace out.
    Last edited by tgeekb; 08-18-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •