Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Originally Posted by RogerG Well Teri's idea won't work. We've already got three lines on ... Apple iPhone forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Well Teri's idea won't work. We've already got three lines on this plan and that's the max.
    What?!?! That's crazy. They have either changed the rules, someone made a mistake when the let me have a 4th line, or the person that you spoke with was wrong and didn't know what they were talking about. I have 4 lines and only 3 of them are active and the 4th is a dummy line. Though, I suppose it could also be geographical (I am in CA). Are all of your lines data plan lines? Could it be because of that? Only 2 of mine have data plans. There goes AT&T and their famous customer support for you.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    If you noticed, we didn't comment. But I ran out of patience.
    We're too busy with things that work and are currently simply the best...
    Like your daughter, the good stuff is for straight A's. Congratulations.
    The rest of the crowd are content with simple arithmetical, down your throat, best medicine, closed environment and boring things.
    That is peaceful. Conditioned. No stress.
    So, just excuse your dad, little girl. He's very proud of you.
    You are an achiever, open minded, a young go-getter.
    You are at the age you should have your horizons opened even more. Your sources should be limitless.
    Not closed. Unimaginative. Conformed.
    But he loves you. He's trying...
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-15-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added spice...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Objective post, there Del.

Teri, the plan I'm on only allows for 3 lines. I can go the next tier up and get 5 lines, but at this point it's 20/month cheaper to just give her my upgrade and hold out until February for hers.

Ah... OK that makes sense. I thought it was some odd AT&T thing of them not giving everyone the same options. You know... it's a conspiracy and all. LOL Either way, she still gets an iPhone and you get to upgrade to new tech in a few months.
    RogerG and chokem like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So Saturday we took off for the AT&T store to do a cross-line upgrade to get my daughter her new iPhone.

We were sitting at a stoplight and I was thinking, "should I go to Target instead?" We wanted to get her a case to protect the device at the same time, and Target has a pretty good selection of cases.

I looked over to my left and we just happened to be setting at the entrance to a strip mall where our local Radio Shack store resides. I remembered that Radio Shack stores also manage most of the cell carriers, so we decided to go there first.

Turns out they had a special on all iPhones at 50 bucks off, so we got her a brand new white 16gb iPhone AND a nice Otterbox case for under 200.00.

Worked out pretty well, I'd say.

My 7 year old got his sister's iPod in the deal, so he no longer has to bug me to play games on my phone.

Upgraded both devices to 5.1.1 and jailbroke them both yesterday afternoon.

The iPhone and the otterbox less than $200 - Good job! Next upgrade I have I'm coming to you for advice

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    So Saturday we took off for the AT&T store to do a cross-line upgrade to get my daughter her new iPhone.

We were sitting at a stoplight and I was thinking, "should I go to Target instead?" We wanted to get her a case to protect the device at the same time, and Target has a pretty good selection of cases.

I looked over to my left and we just happened to be setting at the entrance to a strip mall where our local Radio Shack store resides. I remembered that Radio Shack stores also manage most of the cell carriers, so we decided to go there first.

Turns out they had a special on all iPhones at 50 bucks off, so we got her a brand new white 16gb iPhone AND a nice Otterbox case for under 200.00.

Worked out pretty well, I'd say.

My 7 year old got his sister's iPod in the deal, so he no longer has to bug me to play games on my phone.

Upgraded both devices to 5.1.1 and jailbroke them both yesterday afternoon.
    You go boy. That's a good deal.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

That's a fantastic deal Roger! Nice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12