Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Is there a getting to know you thread that I have forgotten how to find? ... Apple iPhone forum

iNurse no está en línea Stack Professional

what do you do

Advertisement

Is there a getting to know you thread that I have forgotten how to find?

Was wondering what my new friends did for their career? Their spare time?

As you all know I am an RN Don't know how you figured it out...... lol I work with Cardiac Patients.

i am married to a wonderful man and have four children and 3 grandchildren!

should be iGranny!
    Last edited by iNurse; 01-24-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: update on family
    dushdavj likes this.
    :) iNurse :)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Used to be a cert. welder/fitter. Now write programs for CNC milling machines. Ride a Harley for relaxation, and smartphones are my hobby.
    iNurse likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Single father with 7 year old daughter.

I work in the semiconductor industry. For fun I play a little guitar and of recently I'm dabbling in photography.

My tastes lie in the sweet spot between fun, trashy, pretentious and the sophisticated.
    iNurse likes this.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm in the witness protection program and can't say. I'm fascinated by the story behind that article on the front page with the letter "A" in it and don't want to post the real word for fear of it being caught, logged and becoming a victim.

I'm a certified expert in many things but a master of nothing, I can't stay in one place long enough to be considered a master.
    I love technology because of how fast it changes. Smartphone are only the tip of the iceberg.

Footnote:
    PS really needs to consider a name change for that reason alone. Hello? RIM anyone?
    Examples: PhoneStack, TechStack, SmartphoneStack, you get the idea. Let's start a poll

iNurse likes this.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I vote JobStack. Just to burn the Fandroids. Yuk yuk.
    iNurse likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's definitely something to think about.....rebranding the site.

I am an IT Engineer by trade. Going on 30 years now. Kinda fell into it when our family business back in the early 80's purchased some software. Needed somebody to learn and program, so that's what I did. And the rest is history.

Tried to get out of it several times.....sold furniture, fitness equipment, but alas, nothing seemed to pay as well as the IT industry, so it sucked me back in.

My passion, however, (aside from my family, of course) is trying to help make a difference in people's lives through some of the products I sell on the side, as well as the business and income opportunities they can provide for people.
    iNurse likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm a wanderer...
    Seriously: father of three, very happily married, economist, unemployed but busy.
    As for Pinstack, I dunno maybe OpenSourceStack to get at the iOS fans (me included somewhat).
    Other than that, I'm a wanderer
    iNurse likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm a nobody
    Uhm. Thumbs down on that Jobstack name.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am in the oil industry (when I joined it was there to help improve the UK's energy future back in the early 70's, now it is vilified by most oh well, I just wonder how many people realise that without it there would be no IPad's IPhones or any of the many other tech toys we use). I have travelled a fair bit on business which was great because it gave me an opportunity to indulge in my passion for photography. Happily married with 2 children (or adults now), currently living in Canada, in a great city called Calgary overlooking the Rockies.

Thumbs down on the Jobstack name , how about "The Stacks"
    iNurse likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Lets see....who am I? Does anyone REALLY know who they are?

I am a survivor of a cruel stepfather who believed I (not money) was the root of all evil. I was no angel though

Throughout my life I've jumped hurdles, been knocked down, gotten back up and throughout it have met many people who have created within me a deep love of fighting for those that most write off. I tend to see the little embers of humanity that exist in those that appear to be worthless or useless. I don't like bullies and I assure you they're not fond of me. I am outspoken at times and (thanks to maturity) reserved when it suits my cause du jour. I freely admit to a streak that runs deep which gives me pleasure kicking a bully while he's down. Of course I'all help him up, but only after asking my favorite question...."What'd ya learn?".

I have 2 boys I consider kings among men, a wife whom I believe is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I WILL overcome the hurdles I face now and be the best local pastor I can be. Loyalty ranks above cash, and if I consider you a friend (even if you may not) I will move mountains to help you.

Oh, yeah, one more thing......I'm not fond of Apple.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 01-24-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: autocorrect is a bully
    dushdavj likes this.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well done Mr Cooley. It's a pleasure to know you.

And I had NO idea you held such disregard for fruit!

PIN/ID
    nada
    JobStack it is by an overwhelming majority!!!!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    JobStack it is by an overwhelming majority!!!!
    JobCrack...... heads
    chokem likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Remember an apple a day keeps the android/blackberry away
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast