I have been out for a few days and havent had time to ask, and ... Apple iPhone forum

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

What do you all think bout Cydia and Rock as one?

Advertisement

I have been out for a few days and havent had time to ask, and it seems nobody else has either so here it is.

Two famed unofficial app stores for jailbroken iOS devices, Cydia and Rock Your Phone, have joined forces attempting to counter Apple’s newly relaxed iOS policies that might drive the number of unsanctioned apps down.
    Rock Your Phone announced on its site it’s been acquired by the Cydia creator Jay Freeman. The two favorite destinations for unsanctioned apps will merge operations, creating “the world’s largest independent iOS app store.” The move has effectively doubled the number of items on the Cydia store. All products from Rock Your Phone have been moved to the Cydia store and those who purchased apps from Rock Your Phone will retain all app licenses on the Cydia store.
    You only need to log in to the Cydia store and type in your RockID to transfer your existing licenses to the Cydia store. The backup feature from the Rock store will be implemented in Cydia as well. When deployed, it’ll merge all of Rock Your Phone’s existing backups into the Cydia databases. The Cydia team is also in the process of finding the best solution to implement comments and ratings that the Rock store’s customers loved.

Read MORE

iLord is DEAD!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    It seems on the surface to be a logical business move/venture for both parties. Only time will tell, after the initial consolidation takes place and everything is running smoothly.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I never liked rock. I remember I had to get rid of it because its "other" folder was eating away my device hard did space back when I had my dinosaur 3GS
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I agree. Rock was faster and I liked that you didn't have to reboot till YOU wanted to, but it was unsafe they cut too many safety corners which equal in restore.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Rock was faster and Cydia was safer. I find now that cydia is quite fast and now that they have acquired Rock I believe it's good for us a a community. The developers of Rock have produced some of the best and most used apps, it leaves them now with the time to focus on that and not the business aspect so much. In the long run I think it will be good for us all. The competition between the two I think cause a lack in focus on the real competition (apple). Time will tell but I believe it's for the best with the way iOS is going.