Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can I get a good price on a IPhone for around $200 I am ... Apple iPhone forum

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3

Wanting IPhone

Advertisement

How can I get a good price on a IPhone for around $200

I am sceptical about getting one used. Is there a Refurb program that I can use?

I am on TMOB and will need to unlock

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    iPhones at Walmart are now $197 with a new 2-year contract. However unlocked, you're not getting one for under $200 as far as I know.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah. That would be tough to get for that price. You'd have to jump to ATT.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You will not find a new one for under 500 unlocked. I have looked. Alot of used/abused/etc.
    Take the plunge go to ATT get one. AFter 30 days cancel. So you will have paid 199 for the phone and they can try to come after you for the etf. Easy.

Or just get the phone and stay with ATT. The plans aren't that much higher. And it will give you peace of mind with a warranty. As long as you don't unlock the phone or jailbreak the phone.

And why would you want to jailbreak it?? Thousand of free apps for this phone at the app store.
    this phone is really cool.

What is the difference between Jailbreak and unlock?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    What is the difference between Jailbreak and unlock?
    Jailbreaking an iPhone or iTouch is just a method of opening it up to development. What that means is, by jailbreaking, you can open it up to run applications that Apple wouldnt normally allow you to. Such as random games, emulators, etc. If you are familiar with the PSP, there is a simililar way of "opening it up" to development.

Unlocking however is removing the block that a cellphone carrier, in this case AT&T, puts on a phone. When you unlock it, you are then able to use that phone on ANY carrier that supports it.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103 View Post
    You will not find a new one for under 500 unlocked. I have looked. Alot of used/abused/etc.
    Take the plunge go to ATT get one. AFter 30 days cancel. So you will have paid 199 for the phone and they can try to come after you for the etf. Easy.

Or just get the phone and stay with ATT. The plans aren't that much higher. And it will give you peace of mind with a warranty. As long as you don't unlock the phone or jailbreak the phone.

And why would you want to jailbreak it?? Thousand of free apps for this phone at the app store.
    this phone is really cool.
    Easy answer---there are no themes for a non-jailbroken iphone...and IMO the standard crap on that thing is U-G-L-Y.

I jailbroke it so that I could play with themes...the SSH control was awesome! I tweaked the heck out of my iphone! It was freaking PERFECT
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

cherylhandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    I have the BB Curve 8310 and I love it to death I am with AT&T. I have thought about changing to the I phone only cuz I have wanted it since it hit the market.My husband got me this one for my bday last month guess he forgot I wanted the iphone. So I have given thought to finding somone in my area that also has AT&T that has a somewhat new iphon,e that would much rather a BB and see if they would like to trade. I was curious if anyone has tried that and if so how it worked out for them, or if this even sounds like a good idea. I am looking for advise.

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i live in North Dakota.
    i HATE Alltel and now technically There is no Alltel here, but i dont know what carrier is coming in to take over and i only want AT&T just for an IPHONE.
    I currently have a BB 8130 Pearl i love it but i dont want a STORM they SUCK i have an IPOD touch and i love that if only i could have a phone on it i would NEVER pick up my BB.. THANKS RIM YOUR STORM SUCKS
    Whats The Matter???
    Can't You See I'm WORKING Here!!!

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know if tmobile's network 3G? And if there network is 3G can an unlocked iphone utilize it? If not just get the 1st gen iphone unlocked it would be cheaper
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Search for a stolen one, mine is stolen is a 3G 16gb white and i got it for 170$ in perfect condition
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    Search for a stolen one, mine is stolen is a 3G 16gb white and i got it for 170$ in perfect condition
    ? How to do that?

Hey cherylhandy

The Iphone is a much better device vs any blackberry I have used. I have owned 8100,8830,8320 and have used 9000 and 9500. But others will tell you their views also.

Perhaps ATT can allow you to drop the BB internet on your 8310, use the 8310 as phone only as a 3rd line for 9.95 per month. Get the Iphone minimum 450minute plan with unlimited internet which includes rollover minutes.
    Last edited by jpl572103; 01-29-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjs87 View Post
    I don't know if tmobile's network 3G? And if there network is 3G can an unlocked iphone utilize it? If not just get the 1st gen iphone unlocked it would be cheaper
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I hear Tmobiles 3g is spotty, but the Edge will work ok with Iphone.
    I think some features do not work with Tmobile and Iphone, but the more important features will work
    such as internet/making calls/receiving calls/text message.

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    ? How to do that?
    Assuming the phone still has battery life , ATT should be able to locate the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast