Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

No problem jeezy....hope you get your iPhone going so you can start pimpin' it out!... Apple iPhone forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

No problem jeezy....hope you get your iPhone going so you can start pimpin' it out!

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey one last question, I promise Is there a handy list of approved Cydia downloads on the web for 3.1.2? vs having to search individiually for apps?

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I recommend adding these sources on cydia:
    cydia.hackulo.us
    cydia.xsellize.com

AppSync 3.1 - sync cracked apps to itunes
    Backgrounder - Run any program in the background
    Installous - Install free paid apps
    OpenSSH - Remotely access your phone, mainly used for modding themes or adding files to phone
    SBSettings - Swipe the top of your screen for quick toggles
    Supreme Preferences - A MUST have, 100+ new features
    WinterBoard - Install themes and mods

Those are the MUST sources & downloads, everything after that is just being frivolous.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Ok great. Thank you. On a side note, I just upgraded to 3.1.2 and after the upgrade was finished I got another pop up that says "An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available. Would you like to download now?" What is this and should I download it?

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    its for carrier settings (APNS, tething, mms, etc..) I would do it you should already have 5.5. which took away tethering hack so upgrading to 5.6 very minor things.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

Done aaaannnnnndddd JB again! Time to download MS and WB! fingers crossed!

Do I want to click the "Make my life easier, thanks" button after installing Cydia? I didnt do that loast time for fear of having my info stored on another server. Is this safe and what does it do?
    Last edited by cjeezy; 10-15-2009 at 10:39 PM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yes, it saves the ability to jailbreak in the future if you want to update to a different OS.
    Quotes to live by:

Good grief I must be an idiot or something. I clicked yes, but is it bad if I installed MS by itself? I acidentally hit "confirm" instead of the back button (as in the YouTube vid) after pressing "install" for it and now the phone has the loading pinwheel on the screen for the last 3 minutes...even thgough it says "complete" at the top of the screen and "reload springboard" at the bottom. Nothing happens when I press anything. What to do now? Above the pinwheel it says "Setting up mobile substrate."

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    no it just means you took one more step than necessary
    Quotes to live by:

How long should I wait or should I manually force a reboot? The wheel keeps spinning and spinning

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    force a reboot and you should be fine
    Quotes to live by:

Sweeeeet everything booted up fine! Gonna remove then this time install the Youtube vid way

Damn Supreme Preferences doesn't work with 3.1.2! That looked like a pretty cool app! Says onle Firmware < 3.0.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    it does I use it on both my iPhones, one is on 3.1 and the other is on 3.1.2
    Quotes to live by:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast