Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I hate saying this...but I don't know Try the video tutorial and neo's link....I don't ... Apple iPhone forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

I hate saying this...but I don't know

Try the video tutorial and neo's link....I don't think that you HAVE to, but if you've tried and tried to the best of your abilities and you can't get it to work, the Apple store is your next option

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    No I havent tried that. I'll give it a whirl. What is the name of the Firmware file to download? The link doesnt take me there and all I see is a iPhone Configuration Utility 2.1 for Windows when I do a search on the apple support site. I appreciate everyones help though!

cjeezy - try HERE crappy quality video..but it should still help

Once the pop up displays after clicking shift and restore, where is the file located and what is it called? Or do I have to download? If so Do you happen to have a link to the download page?

Well, did you update your iPhone's firmware using your PC? Or is your iPhone stock (as in never updated)?

The phone is stock. My friend is downloading 3.1 now and is going to try and manually load it. Is that the correct version? He also tried the method that was shown in your second link and it still error'd out. Only other things I can think of is to try restoring it on a Mac tomorrow or try reloading it on an older version of iTunes.

If it's stock, then you'll need to download the firmware, the latest is iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

If you get the current firmware, you can then try shift-clicking the restore button to manually install that firmware. Then, you can try to re-jailbreak (if you're not traumatized LOL)

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    its where ever you save it.
    IPSW
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

I'll rejailbreak it again if I can figure out how to reload this damn phone ! iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, iTunes 8 and firmware 3.1 are currently downloading. Its gonna take a few minutes for this to finish, but I'll post results in a little while.

Thank you again for the help!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    why are you using itunes 8? you should be able to use whatever version of itunes to restore a firmware and you only need the 3.1.2 firmware to restore, dont need 3.1
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

We have iTunes 9 on another computer and we'll use it when we do the manual install. I just read about someone who was able to restore their phone when they reverted back to iTunes 8 when they had this partiucular "unknown error." I figure its worth a shot. Nothing else has worked yet lol!

Hey, try whatever you can...but like Neo said, you don't need a specific iTunes (8 or 9) to manually install a firmware, you just need the right firmware, which is of course iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

Once you get the firmware (and iTunes running), do the shift-click restore, locate the firmware (wherever you saved it) and let it do it's thing.

Tried all of the above and NOTHING worked

WOW! That really blows.....same error? or different?

I did some research myself, and If it's the same error, from what I've read, they were not able to fix it....not exactly sure why though, no solutions/tips that you haven't tried were posted. They did however say that they took their phones into an Apple store in which a tech/customer service rep attempted a restore using their MAC, but with no luck....good news is that a new iPhone was ordered for them FREE of charge.

Looks like you'll be heading to the Apple store

Yep it was the exact same error. I'm gonna try charging it tonite and then hooking it to a Mac. If that doesn't work ill return it. I'm afraid to jailbreak the next one...but want to. This just sux!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast