Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Maybe someone knows if there is: 1. An app for creating a folder that apps ... Apple iPhone forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Wanted apps...

Advertisement

Maybe someone knows if there is:

1. An app for creating a folder that apps can be moved to
    2. A repeat notification type app. Not the default one that comes with the phone. Maybe something that occassionally lights up the phone when there is a missed call or text.
    3. An app that allows email accounts to have seperate alerts

Also, is there a way to search through all of the "free" apps? I only see a way to see the top 50.
    Last edited by cjeezy; 10-13-2009 at 05:03 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    If your using a Jailbroken iPhone there are Apps that do that in Cydia

1. Categories is the App name
    2. I don't understand on this one? It does that now.
    3. This would be nice without Jailbreaking.

Thanks for the info. My phone is not jailbroken. For item number 2 I simply mean a "visual" repeat notification (while the phone is locked). Not the audible/vibrate one that comes with the phone.

What are the cons to jailbreaking a phone?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    cjeezy - The only cons to Jailbreaking would be that you lose your Jailbreak if you update your firmware.

ex. Let's say you're running 3.0.1 Jailbroken, but there is a 3.1 update available, if you upgrade, you'll be running a stock 3.1 Firmware, and if there is no Jailbreak tool available (for that firmware) at the time of your upgrade, then you'll be stuck with a stock iPhone until the Jailbreaking process/tool is available for the specific firmware.

Also, if you're big on customizing your iPhone (like me =), it does take some time to get it all back the way it was if you happened to re-Jailbreak (by updating your firmware) or if you had to restore....because some apps/themes may require some updating before they can run smoothly on the updated/Jailbroken firmware.

Other than that, it's GREAT!! I highly recommend it...to anyone with an iPhone

To answer #2. I think you'd like LockScreen Info. It puts the alert directly on your lockscreen, although the stock/standard alert DOES pop (for text messages, and emails IF you have them set to push), but you can just unlock the phone and lock it to get rid of the standard sms alert but the one on the lockscreen will stay there.

I've attached a screenie of my phone as an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by beeshabo; 10-13-2009 at 06:20 PM.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Jailbreak now!!!
    You'll ask yourself afterwards: Why didn't I do this early?!?!?!?
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

neo - Check out my lockscreen LOL

Actually, when you get a text message and you unlock your phone it takes you directly to the text message...therefore LockScreen info won't work for that purpose, but it works well for emails, calendar and weather LOL

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yeah saw that earlier and had lol a little, Im gonna be famous!!!
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Thanks for the info. My phone is not jailbroken. For item number 2 I simply mean a "visual" repeat notification (while the phone is locked). Not the audible/vibrate one that comes with the phone.

What are the cons to jailbreaking a phone?
    As posted above LockInfo or Lock Screen Info is neat and actually there are several Apps that do similar things.
    There are no real cons to JailBreaking it's just Frees your phone allowing you to do many, many different things to it.
    If I had to list a con it would be that having a JailBroken phone just mean a little more maintenance.

When Apple or AT&T offer updates to the phone you can't use them and have to wait till the Jailbreak community comes up with another Jailbreak. But the truth is even when they do issue an update like 3.1 to 3.1.2 there is not enough of a difference to even bother worrying about updating anyway. If it's not broken don't fix it. So you can just leave the phone as it Jailbroken and working just fine.

Just b/c an update has been released it does not mean we all have to plug in and download and install.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    neo - Check out my lockscreen LOL
    Luv the screen

I've attached a screenie of my phone as an example.[/quote]

Wow I like your homescreen behind the lock button! What theme is that/how can I get that?

Also is there a good step by step link on the how to jailbreak for 3.1?

I couldn't find the Lock Screen or LockInfo app when I searched for it on my device

srl - Thanks! It's getting there

cjeezy - It's not a specific theme, just used a cool background (found googling) and the Glasklart icons...they look good with ANY background. (image attached)

As for Jailbreaking 3.1, you can find lots of videos on YouTube, some are better than others...but I've yet to follow one.

Lockscreen Info is a Cydia application, available in David Ashman's source. (you need to be Jailbroken)
    Last edited by beeshabo; 10-13-2009 at 07:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    you have to be jailbroken running 3.0.1 to jailbreak 3.1 and then you have to have a mac to make a custom ipsw or download one that already made for pc usage.
    If you dont rely on an unlock to get service I would just upgrade to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n to jailbreak your phone.
    http://blackra1n.com
    takes 30 seconds to do the process and requires no special skills.
    Quotes to live by:

PIN/ID
    Retired

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast