Anyone know any new updates on this??? it's gotta happen at some point and I ... Apple iPhone forum

aeyster84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Verizon IPhone

Advertisement

Anyone know any new updates on this??? it's gotta happen at some point and I dont' wanna leave verizon...so i'm being patient. plus if and when it comes out..it will blow the AT&T one away!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    LOL

There's rumors that AT$T's exclusive tie to the iPhone ends in 2010, it's not certain, but I mean it's Apple after all...they see dollar signs, opening the iPhone up to Verizon would be HUGE! So I don't see why not, only thing is, When?

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    But that would mean new verizon iPhone without a simcard? No more switch to tmobile?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Thumbs up

I've heard of an extension thru 2011 or 2012. I'll believe it when I see it. I think that the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) vs GLobal Systems for Mobile (GSM) communications is what is holding the "switch" up. Not sure what the cost factor is between producing two different phones vs. one is, but I am sure it's the drivign factor.

I was a VZW customer waiting for the iPhone to come, but I didn't want to wait any longer so I made the jump.
    Last edited by Dirty Cash; 09-10-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling

partycove no está en línea Stack Pro
    Ok a really good friend works at verison and all there smart phones use a sim card. And she also hear there her ranks that iPhone might be there sometime in 2010. Now she could be mislead. But that is what she is hearing. But yes blackberry and other smart phones now have sim card NOT normal phones. Why that is , all smart phones have to have Internet packages.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Also this is everything she as told me. She pretty much runs the store. Hope it helps.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Why do Verizon customers dislike AT&T so much? LOL

Beats me verison to me cost lots more to have then AT&T. I have AT&T and my friend told me if I was to switch over and have everything I have now it would almost double in cost. Lol I think I will stay with AT&T. I have never had trouble with there network. Knock on wood.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't think we will hear any concrete information till after Jan 1 2010. The pot will get stirred up again as we get closer to the end of the exclusive. I have to believe Apple will make the phone or a version of the phone available to others like Verizon or TMO. It only makes sense. I think they are waiting on the next generation network LTE before committing publicly to anything. I'm sure all the carries have learned a lot from AT&T having the iPhone most of all it's a data hog being connected 24/7 and used more for multi media. Sometimes I beat up on AT$T but probably won't switch unless there is a real good reason to. If they want more customers they have to use another carrier.

SeanS1973 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31a3b369
    For what I have been hearing, IF and I stress IF Verizon lands the iPhone its most likely gonna be on the LTE network (Which is the up coming 4g network) that Verizon is gonna start launching near the end of next year.
    Realistically if Verizon gets the iPhone, I can see them launching a 3g model then a 4g later on. Kinda like ATT did with the original 2g Iphone...But thats all speculation, I have not concrete evidence

Side note, be looking out for the Apple tablet next year, it is gonna do to the netbook world what the iPhone did to the cell phone world...its gonna be the Bee's Knee's!!!!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm sure of that ^^ iPad or iTablet or whatever it ends up being named. That is something I believe will be offered to a few carriers.
    So much depends on how the end product turns out but when it does make it out I think Books, Magazines and other forms of Reading will change forever. I just hope multi media is not left out. I would like to use it with the Big Screen and HDMI.
    2010 will be a good year for several reasons.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    This is what I think Verizon will get in 2010
    Attached Images Attached Images

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Why do Verizon customers dislike AT&T so much? LOL
    I have no idea, i was in the same boat. OLD AT&T wasnt all that good. I still have Verizon but i opened an account with AT&T to get th iPhone just because i enjoy Apple Products. I took the leap, and their service isnt all that bad, CS is good...alot better then Verizon. About the same network coverage in the mid atlantic area. But Verizon Monopolizes everything, they block applications and features, put their retarted VZW OS and themes on everything. If they left the stuff alone they would have less complaints.

Because of this, i believe verizon will not get the iPhone, Apple doenst like other people jailbreaking, or messing with their OS. And verizon loves to finger over everything.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

Well I read that AT&T and the iPhone might stay to gether. I would like that. Lol I guess my friend at verizon got the wrong info from what I been reading.