Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got an iPhone 3G from work to test out 3.0 as it brings all the ... Apple iPhone forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Using iPhone 3G on Beta 3.0

Advertisement

Got an iPhone 3G from work to test out 3.0 as it brings all the features which drove me away from the latter. Happy to report : So far so great.
    Let me know if anybody has any specific questions.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Guess ill be getting more questions as June approaches

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Guess ill be getting more questions as June approaches
    i don't think it's that so much as you were putting yourself out there as "the guy" for 3.0 beta. maybe wait until someone posts a question somewhere, and then swoop in and save the day. have a nice night hero

Duvi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan7977 View Post
    i don't think it's that so much as you were putting yourself out there as "the guy" for 3.0 beta. maybe wait until someone posts a question somewhere, and then swoop in and save the day. have a nice night hero
    Lol.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Has Copy & Paste been easy to use and does it work pretty good?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan7977 View Post
    oh wow what an educated and interesting answer...
    the point of this thread was for people to be able to ask in ONE common place what they are wondering about as far as 3.0 is concerned and I can answer those questions.
    have yourself a goodnight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Has Copy & Paste been easy to use and does it work pretty good?
    It has been indeed. It does work REALLY well as it combines the brackets with the magnifying glass so you can copy paste from any letter in any word to any other letter in any other word.
    The other impressive thing was that it works between apps for instance i copied my email signature off of an email and pasted it in the settings app. I was really happy about that.
    Last edited by ranxoren; 03-21-2009 at 08:26 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I do have another one also?

How is the landscape keyboard? Does it switch over pretty fast (no delays). Do the keys feel too wide or too far apart?

MasterWestt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I do have another one also?

How is the landscape keyboard? Does it switch over pretty fast (no delays). Do the keys feel too wide or too far apart?
    Switches over at the same speed it did in safari.. honestly it's 10x better typing with landscape especially if you have big hands or nails if you're a girl, i find myself making WAY less mistakes (although 50% of the mistakes i used to make typing would be auto-corrected anyways).

Ramarks:

One piece of food for thought would maybe have a setting for those who would want landscape mode for all apps that use it on at all times or at least to launch in landscape by default (even if the phone is being held upright at the time of application launch).

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah rotation is way faster than the storm for exemple and is way faster than other rotating apps on the iPhone itself (coverflow for instance) go figure
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey guys, I'm having alittle trouble here. I have put 3.0 onto my phone and would like to downgrade back to 2.2.1. However i'm getting a error 1604 when I try to restore back down. I have tried everyones advice so far, can't figure out what i'm doing wrong?? Losing my mind here.

Any thoughts would be apreciated.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having alittle trouble here. I have put 3.0 onto my phone and would like to downgrade back to 2.2.1. However i'm getting a error 1604 when I try to restore back down. I have tried everyones advice so far, can't figure out what i'm doing wrong?? Losing my mind here.

Any thoughts would be apreciated.
    How to downgrade : http://thebigboss.org/2009/03/19/iph...ta-do-not-use/

Are you downgrading because you do NOT have a developer phone and therefore your iPhone was not able to activate nor sync after you've updated it ?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm still on 2.2. Running on Tmo so I need it unlocked, otherwise I might jump on 3.0.. Hope an unlock or jailbreak comes out for 3.0 quickly, I doubt it though.
    -Tim

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    How to downgrade : http://thebigboss.org/2009/03/19/iph...ta-do-not-use/

Are you downgrading because you do NOT have a developer phone and therefore your iPhone was not able to activate nor sync after you've updated it ?
    Yes that was why. I finally got about 2 am. Was worried for alittle bit. Thanks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I'm still on 2.2. Running on Tmo so I need it unlocked, otherwise I might jump on 3.0.. Hope an unlock or jailbreak comes out for 3.0 quickly, I doubt it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone Dev-Team View Post
    Itchy update fingers
    It almost goes without saying, but we will say it anyway

With all of the great stuff lined up for us with the 3.0 OS that Apple described today, many 3G owners may find themselves with itchy update fingers. If you find yourself with access to the 3G IPSW for 3.0 via the iPhone Dev Center program, and you are using yellowsn0w, do not update or restore to that official IPSW. You will lose yellowsn0w and find yourself unable to revert the baseband to get it back.

And for those wondering, yes the 3.0 OS is jailbreakable on all devices. It’s just those using 3G yellowsn0w that have to show some restraint and wait for PwnageTool to create a custom IPSW that avoids the baseband update.
    Source: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

I wonder if I can actually create a pwned image out of my 3.0 firmware throught the current release of pwnage since they write " yes the 3.0 OS is jailbreakable on all devices. It’s just those using 3G yellowsn0w that have to show some restraint " that sounds to me like the jailbreak is already here ...

UNLOCK ISNT READY mind you

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    Yes that was why. I finally got about 2 am. Was worried for alittle bit. Thanks
    Youre welcome but yeah again for those who dont know, THE 3.0 BETA WILL ONLY WORK ON iPHONE WHICH HAVE HAD THEIR UID REGISTERED IN THE APPLE DEVELOPERS PROGRAM.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast