Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

I finally upgraded to an iPhone 5 from my 4s. The 4s was starting to ... Apple iPhone forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Upgraded to iPhone 5

Advertisement

I finally upgraded to an iPhone 5 from my 4s. The 4s was starting to show some sines of wear and tear (a first for me with iPhones) and since I had an upgrade available, I went ahead and did it. I have to say, that I am pleasantly surprised. I held off because of the relatively minor changes from the 4s to the 5. I did not really think that it was worth it. However, the speed along is a noticeable difference (to me) and I like the size of the elongated screen. I have fairly small hands, so anything bigger would be a hindrance to me. All in all, it was worth the wait (would not have been willing to pay full price for it) and I am glad that I made the change.

I also splurged a little and got a LifeProof case. Though, I don't have the guts to test the "waterproofness" of it. I do know several other people that have and so I am sure it is a valid claim. I am just not brave enough to try it. LOL
    catstide likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats, Teri! Glad you took the plunge, and now you know that your phone can, too!
    TeriO likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well done and congrats TeriO. Now, just go and jailbreak it. No?
    If you need help just holler!
    Enjoy it.
    RogerG and TeriO like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Well done and congrats TeriO. Now, just go and jailbreak it. No?
    If you need help just holler!
    Enjoy it.
    Dude! I am afraid to dunk my "waterproof" phone in the water! You think I am brave enough for a jailbreak!!! I will live vicariously through you brave souls who have done it and ponder it.

Seriously though... I have thought about it, but am just not sure. I don't know what kinds of things I would be able to do with it, if jailbroken, that I can't do now. I have never really looked closely at what the differences are and if they are things that would be important enough to me to void the warranty. I am open to conversation about it though.

Teri, you know we're here to help and support you with the jailbreak process. They've made it so easy and painless.

But as you said, if you can't think of a reason to do so, then there's no point in it.

But just know we're here to help you if you want to give it a go!
    TeriO likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    TeriO has a point! Undoubtedly JB would bring you many things, all to make iOS that more interesting.But your concern for the warranty of a NEW iPhone 5, is legitimate. Nope, don´t do it. Not yet anyway.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    Dude! I am afraid to dunk my "waterproof" phone in the water! You think I am brave enough for a jailbreak!!! I will live vicariously through you brave souls who have done it and ponder it.

Seriously though... I have thought about it, but am just not sure. I don't know what kinds of things I would be able to do with it, if jailbroken, that I can't do now. I have never really looked closely at what the differences are and if they are things that would be important enough to me to void the warranty. I am open to conversation about it though.
    Teri,the jailbreak is very easy and you can add as much or as little as you want to your phone. As far as voiding your warranty ,I have never heard of someone who actually voided their warranty. If something goes wrong and you need to take it in,simply restore with iTunes before you take it in.
    RogerG likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Just for starters, here is a sample of what you can do. I like dark/blackish themes. There are tons out there to choose from including a lot of girly themes if that's what you like.
    Last edited by catstide; 03-06-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    RogerG and Delfim like this.

I have to admit, I do like the idea of being able to have different themes.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I have to admit, I do like the idea of being able to have different themes.
    Go for it...you'll never look back.

Boss is the BOMB!
    catstide likes this.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    if I may ask...dose the iPhone 5 feel more or less responsive than the 4s. or dose it feel the same ? (im referring to scrolling left/right through home screens and up and down on menu screens, not the speed apps open)

oh and is the boot up time faster ?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    KTW it sounds like there is something wrong with your 4s. Honestly I don't think any of them are "more responsive" than the others. My 4,4s and 5 have all been very responsive on screen switching and scrolling. I really wouldn't want it to be any faster. Are you jailbroken? Have you ever tried to restore through iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    if I may ask...dose the iPhone 5 feel more or less responsive than the 4s. or dose it feel the same ? (im referring to scrolling left/right through home screens and up and down on menu screens, not the speed apps open)

oh and is the boot up time faster ?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    KTW it sounds like there is something wrong with your 4s. Honestly I don't think any of them are "more responsive" than the others. My 4,4s and 5 have all been very responsive on screen switching and scrolling. I really wouldn't want it to be any faster. Are you jailbroken? Have you ever tried to restore through iTunes?
    I agree with Catside here. I have not noticed a difference in scrolling responsiveness between my 4s and 5.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    catside I was trying a demo i5 at a carrier. I don't own any iPhone...yet...but I'm just saying that the i5 I played around with was slightly if I can say, less responsive then a 4s...that's my impression anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast