READ I DID NOT TRY THIS A FRIEND TOLD ME THIS WORK FOR HIM. BUT ... Apple iPhone forum
if you upgrade your 3GS to 3.1 but want back to 3.01
READ I DID NOT TRY THIS A FRIEND TOLD ME THIS WORK FOR HIM. BUT I AM SMART I'M NOT GOING TO UPGRADE TILL I HAVE TO.
AGIAN I DID NOT TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GUESS IT MIGHT HELP IF YOU DID PUSH THE OK BOTTON TO UPDATE. PS IF YOU NEED MORE HELP SEE BIGBOSS
How to Downgrade iPhone 3GS 3.1 to 3.0 Firmware
1. Start your iTunes 8.2 & Connect your iPhone 3GS to computer via USB
2. Switch of your iPhone and put it in DFU mode with following instructions
- Click the Home + Power On button for 10 seconds exactly
- Release the power button and continue to click on Home
3. Following message will be displayed in iTunes 8.2. Click on “OK”
4. Now Press ALT key on keyboard and click on Restore button on iTunes
5. Locate & Select the original iPhone 3GS 3.0 firmware
6. A Confirmation message will be displayer. Click on Restore
7. A Restore Process will start. At the end of restore process following error message “Unknown error occurred (1015)” will be displayed.
8. Do not panic with above error message. You just need to ignore above error message and click on OK button
9. Download iRecovery for Mac OR iRecovery for Windows
10. Extract connect of iRecovery on Desktop
11. Go to terminal on Mac and on Command prompt on Windows and type following command
12. Once you see a Message entering in Recovery Mode, Starting command prompt on screen type following command
13 Once the iPhone 3GS has been restarted, you see the “Emergency calls only” and You need to reactivate tour iPhone 3GS via iTunes
14. Either you can restore a backup or configure your iPhone 3GS as new phone and you are back to iPhone 3G 3.0 Firmware.
Your are right in the beginning of your post. The best thing to do is leave 3.1 alone and wait for the jailbreak/hack.
Thank you but not every one is smart.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16