Hello, I have an iPhone 4 and am thinking about upgrading the iOS to 4.2.1 ... Apple iPhone forum

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Update iPhone iOS away from home computer?

Advertisement

Hello,
    I have an iPhone 4 and am thinking about upgrading the iOS to 4.2.1 but will not be able to get to my home computer for about a week. Is there a way to update the iOS on a different computer than the one I normally use and sync to? I'm hoping if I upgrade but not sync it will keep my settings and data (including music) but I'm not sure if it works that way.
    Thanks for any help!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I wouldn't update. It's not much of an update. It only really applies to AppleTV, and unjailbreaking those devices that are JB.

iLord is DEAD!

OK, thanks Sooner. I'll keep that in mind.

Also, 4.3 is fixn to come out in a week or so. Not really sure what its about but im sure Apple is getting ready for the new unlock.

iLord is DEAD!

Thanks Sooner. I'm new to the iPhone scene so sorry about the question. You refer to the new unlock that Apple is getting ready for. What does that mean? Is 4.3 an update to try and stop people from jailbreaking their iPhones (more so then Apple already tries to stop people)?

More than likely that's what it is. They seem to come out w new OS every month. I would NOT update to anything before I cuold review the situation first.

iLord is DEAD!