Hey stackers I have a question? I want a Twitter app the will give me ... Apple iPhone forum

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional

Twitter app?

Advertisement

Hey stackers I have a question?
    I want a Twitter app the will give me notifications. Like push style notifications......with popups like a text or chat box.....
    I hate having to open tweetie 2 to check for new tweets!
    By the way I have an iPhone 3G
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have Twitterific on my iPod Touch.

And it pushs new tweets to you....?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I remember this being asked b4 and I'm not sure there are any with Push Notices? I will have to look again. The consensus was with Push you would be constantly getting notices depending on how many people you were following etc. The Push would really have to be customized in order to select only certain tweets.

If you were following even a small number of ppl who tweeted all day the phone would be going nuts. Social Networking Link

SimplyTweet has push for mentions and DMs (I think?). Look @ this App and see if it may be what you need.
    Last edited by srl7741; 11-17-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Lol true.....well I have IM+ and guess I didn't realize it would do twitter.....and it will let you set what it pushes...so I have it set to @Replies and Direct messages....you can also set it to push friends timeline as well....

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Added or edited above^

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK
    As far as push notification, can't you just enable it through SMS? I use that for DM's. Getting them for all mentions would be really annoying! It's not email people! Lol.

On another note. I'm looking for a new Twitter app. I'm really disappointed in the new version of Tweetie. Yes it's all innovative and beautiful but they add 5 things, take away 2! Native RT is fine but I like to RT the old way sometimes still. Not that silly quote function that I have to still edit.

Anyway...do Twiterlator or Twiterific allow posting from another account? I have a news feed account which I often RT items from to my main acct. I can't do that anymore in Tweetie 2. I'd like the option to RT both the old and new ways and use the new lists feature.

Can anyone reccomend?