Just in Time for your New IPhone 4.0 I think it was in November a ... Apple iPhone forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

AT&T's new early-termination fee for the iPhone is going up

Advertisement

Just in Time for your New IPhone 4.0 I think it was in November a few days after I left AT&T for Verizon and the Droid the ETF jumped from $175 to $350, and I remember all the fuss and than the FCC looked into and found it to be valid; well that was the beginning of a trend, next came T-Mobile & Google, now with IPhone sales expected to go through the roof with the new OS and or possibly a New and Improved IPhone in June.

But wait, theres more now you to will have to pay an increased ETF $325.

A word of warning to AT&T subscribers who would switch carriers when the company's iPhone exclusivity deal with Apple finally ends: The cost of doing so will soon rise--substantially. Come June 1, AT&T is raising its early-termination fee on smartphones to $325 from $175.
    [Read More]

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I knew this was going to happen when Verizon did it. Funny how they are $25 less than VZW. Is this supposed to be a selling point?? I can see it now from the store rep "if you are with us and decide to cancel youonly pay $325 instead of $350 from Verizon"lol. Anyways , There are a couple of ways around ATT's ETF fees.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ETF's are just there to scare people-ATT dont care anymore about their customers
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    If there was anything good about this it would be it only applies to new customers signing up after the start date.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    What they should do is offer a discount not on the phone but rather the plan if you sign a two year contract...that would be soo much better

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    ETF's are just there to scare people-ATT dont care anymore about their customers

Really?

I beg to differ.. Everytime I forget to pay my bill, some lady always calls me up and reminds me to pay.

psh.. Now thats customer service that cares..

seriously though, I dont blame them. Too many people are buying phones at the subsidized price, only to break contract and sell the phone on ebay, and they make profit from it.

When you sign a contract stick to it, or if you're unhappy pay and go elsewhere.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I love the AT&T App for the iPhone. It's the way it should be when paying your Bill.

Anyway;
    I wonder if this is a small clue that other carriers will be getting the iPhone and AT$T is concerned about loosing some customers?