[QUOTE][QUOTE]So this is what everyone means when they say – “the iPhone isn’t a good ... Apple iPhone forum

startupguruarod no está en línea Stack level 1

So it's true - the iPhone really isn't a good option for executives??

[QUOTE][QUOTE]So this is what everyone means when they say – “the iPhone isn’t a good phone for work”.

I’ve had the pleasure of owning various types of Macs over the years and love the speed, reliability and productivity achieved on them. Unfortunately, because of standardization, burned up internal parts, lack of time, I’ve found myself back on in the merged world that is DELL/MS Outlook/Blackberry. Until last week, when I decided I could no longer stand hitting “CNTRL/ALT/DEL” once per day, or waiting more than 5 minutes every time that I turned on my PC or deal with T-Mobile’s dropped calles – I went to the Apple stored and loaded up on one of each of everything ☺. I walked out a new AT&T Customer, proud owner of the latest and greatest iPhone and a new MacBook Pro etc. etc.

The good news – man I love the speed, plus all Outlook files transferred nicely. The bad news – I’m led to believe that there is no real syncing function between the iPhone and Mail. Moreover, I never thought it would happen, but I just had a horrible customer service experience with the supposed “experts” over the phone support. My problem is that for some crazy reasons, I cannot get all of the emails from my iPHone onto my Mail inbox. It is a strange problem – I have three email addresses; two are with GoDaddy.Com and the other is hosted by gMail. I’ve set them all up as POP accounts on the iPhone and under “Advanced” settings I have the “Never delete from the server” option checked. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as how the problem occurs. There are some emails that do indeed download onto my iPhone and then onto my Mail inbox afterward, but there are a lot that only get onto my iPhone and never make it into my Mail inbox (this happens many times in the same day). Some one even said, that “mobile me” was the answer, I’ve loaded it up and couldn’t tell you anything that it does.

I hope someone can relate and has answers, otherwise, it’s true – the iPhone simply isn’t a good option for work.
    Last edited by startupguruarod; 07-11-2009 at 01:28 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Enable IMAP rather than POP for your email accounts. MobileMe is a great way to maintain everything and will prevent loosing anything in the event the phone is lost/damaged/replaced etc. A simple sync with MobileMe will place everything back on the phone instantly. (Contact, Calendar event, Email).

You could also try forwarding all your email account to MobileMe and let MobileMe push everything to the phone. When you do that you run into the issue of when replying to an email having to check which account your replying from. There are also work-a-rounds or solutions for that also.

I would ask that you give more details about the accounts that do not seem to work? Are they simple web based email or on a Corporate Exchange account and Network?

Congrats on the new Mac. It's nice when things "Just work".

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    MobileMe is the best email solution for the iPhone. It does come in handy. Especially when you have the need to wipe your devce for whatever reason. I have my gmail forwarding to MobileMe. After having push email from blackberry I can't live without it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is why I asked about your specific email accounts that are not working.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/email/...z2001n&ci=9020

There are limitations that you can't control depending on what type of account you have.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    I am a long time corporate BES user and I picked up an unlocked Iphone to play with. I am currently using it without a SIM and have it set for Activesync and I can tell you the email is every bit as reliable as my Blackberry BES.

It does have some shortcomings - there are not many shortcuts like on the blackberry. For example I miss T for Top B for Bottom N for next day P for previous day, and really miss U for next unread message.

I had to chime in because if your email supports Activesync for Exchange it is a very reliable solution these days. Many years ago I had a samsung blackjack and Activesync stunk and would constantly break causing no email to be delivered and no warning to be thrown.

I can't give up my Blackberry for the Iphone because of a few reasons but it is a viable for push mail delivery even without paying for mobile me.