Is there anything I need to do to get the 3g iphone to work on ... Apple iPhone forum

piccopower no está en línea Stack level 3

to make the 3g work on t-mobile

Advertisement

Is there anything I need to do to get the 3g iphone to work on tmobile? Is unlocking it sufficiant? Also is it true you can't change out the battery?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    A long long time ago (in a galaxy far far away), about 4-5 years ago, AT&T introduced it's first 3G phone. People around the world were happy they could use thier 3G phones. But it wasn't to be. Unless the 3G phone was one of AT&T's, it would only use the 2G service. I honestly don't what else needs to be done to register a 3G phone on a network it wasn't flashed for.

But I can tell you other 3G phone for outside the US only operate at 2G.

piccopower no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok so it will work then if unlocked. And can I get mms with 3.o version or not? And the battery. Can it be changed or once it dies its done fore?

Quote Originally Posted by blkbryadict View Post
    A long long time ago (in a galaxy far far away), about 4-5 years ago, AT&T introduced it's first 3G phone. People around the world were happy they could use thier 3G phones. But it wasn't to be. Unless the 3G phone was one of AT&T's, it would only use the 2G service. I honestly don't what else needs to be done to register a 3G phone on a network it wasn't flashed for.

But I can tell you other 3G phone for outside the US only operate at 2G.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    If I recall correctly 3G will NOT work with TMO the other features will work fine. Yes once the battery dies then you will have to take it to an Apple store in order to have it replaced or send it to Apple yourself. I have yet to read or hear of a battery that died based on use. Damage yes but use no.

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca
    The iPhone will never be able to use t-mo's 3G because they use a different frequency band then t-mo does. In other words the iPhone won't be able to "see" t-mo's 3G just its 2G network.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    No way to get AT&T 3G to work on T-Mobile

The Battery will last long enough where you will not have to worry about changing it as the next pretty phone will come along and you will want it. The iPhone is not a life long investment and the battery will outlast you interest in the phone!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL