can the iphone work with tmobile network in anyway? and if not what would you ... Apple iPhone forum

samrozzi no está en línea Stack level 2

tmobile?

Advertisement

can the iphone work with tmobile network in anyway? and if not what would you have problems with?

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    I believe you can have it unlocked or "jailbroken" I think it's called. But I think you'll have internet and MMS probs....I know some people who have had a "generic" iPhone....it had 2 sim card slots so you could use it for ATT and TMOBILE....but they dont have it anymore it was a cect-168 or something.
    **Ashmee**

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Yes it can be unlocked to work on T-mobile. Only the 1st gen will work as of now tho. The 3g version won't.

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    You can get something called a SIM-Adapter for the iPhone 3g. I have one on mine and it works great with T-Mobile US. Every once in a while EDGE drops out but I think that just may be my area.
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that it won't work.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ashdub01 View Post
    I believe you can have it unlocked or "jailbroken" I think it's called. But I think you'll have internet and MMS probs....I know some people who have had a "generic" iPhone....it had 2 sim card slots so you could use it for ATT and TMOBILE....but they dont have it anymore it was a cect-168 or something.
    The iPhone doesn't have MMS capability anyway.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by samrozzi View Post
    can the iphone work with tmobile network in anyway? and if not what would you have problems with?

A blackberry will work for t-mo

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by samrozzi View Post
    Yeah you can. You have to jailbreak it and unlock it. Im using a 8Gig iPhone now on T-Mo. You can use internet with the T-Zones hack and you can send MMS with Swirly MMS.