I’m trying an iphone on my 2nd TMO line and I need to sync with ... Apple iPhone forum

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3

Question TMO iphone 2.2 users help?

Advertisement

I’m trying an iphone on my 2nd TMO line and I need to sync with exchange what data plan do I need to get? How can I enter it’s settings to make it work with the iphone? Thx

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Any1 can help

Thx

jenzifr no está en línea Stack level 1

Data Plan

Not sure what a TMO line is but with At&t you have to have the $45 data plan to get Microsoft Exchange to work with the iphone.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jenzifr View Post
    Not sure what a TMO line is but with At&t you have to have the $45 data plan to get Microsoft Exchange to work with the iphone.
    Not true. AT$T will tell you that you need the $45 account but that requirement is for corporate users only (don't ask me the difference but that is what the reps all told me before I purchased my Iphones after extensive research). For the average user the required $30 plan is sufficient. I have it and run my own server with Exchange and have no problems hosting for the wife's and mine Iphones, and others have used third party hosts with the $30 plan without incident (in fact I was told by the AT$T reps that I was on the correct plan so it isn't like I am skirting the requirements, as this was the possible deal breaker for me getting the Iphone. I have run it like this for the last 4-5 months without problem).
    I would think the basic plan entailing unlimited email should be sufficient, but not sure as my limited experience with T-Mobile was with unlimited BB )which covered everything I would need). T-Mobile reps should be able to help, as they are very friendly and helpful in my experience.
    Last edited by squeakr; 01-05-2009 at 01:24 AM.