Hi everyone, First of all, I love my BB, and I probably won't get the ... Apple iPhone forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

This is Crap! I think i need the iPhone

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

First of all, I love my BB, and I probably won't get the iphone until I get to control a little more of it!

However, in regards to RIM, Can I be honest, This is tiring.

First, no sync for mac
    Use PocketMac -paid
    Got a BB with 4.2 -paid again
    then Pocketmac4- Garbage
    then Missing Sync-Beautiful -paid again
    Ooh, Leopard is out, bought a copy- paid
    OH can't install it, No missing sync
    So My next missing sync is going to be out w/in 90 days of Leopard release- Awesome, Freaking Great
    I'm tired & Want an iPhone...and oh ya, i'll pay again!

I just want the seamless sync that everyone aspires to having...to this day, i still am randomly not having someone's mobile number, or their address is missing, THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!

why oh why?

Re: This is Crap! I think i need the iPhone

I just feel like RIM can give a damn about a Mac user, and why am I bending over backwards to support their platform, screw that...

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Hey man, chill out. i dont like it anymore than you do. However, i just think about how many crashes my friends who run Windows have and i dont feel so bad. i have a Windows laptop and it crashed on me. What Exactly do you want that you dont have? I wish that i could bluetooth sync my Pearl but thats about it (just can not get the damn thing to work). i use my windows laptop to load apps and stuff. I use my Mac to sync my other stuff like iCal and Contacts. I know you already bought Leopard but if you are running a PowerPC Mac you should have just stuck with Tiger. Leopard is Made for the new Intels (and high end G5) and Tiger and Previous were made for PowerPC (G4 and less). Since you already bought the new OSX you pay the consequences for not having much support for your older Apps. Patience is a virtue, be virtuous!

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: This is Crap! I think i need the iPhone

I have both. I unlocked my iphone for Tmobile, and i love it. I will be honest it's a royal pain in the butt to keep modding it. I have a 8310 on at&t for work and I love my blackberry too. In my opinion go with the iphone you might have to keep modding it, but it's well worth it. I love watching movies, buying songs from itunes right from my phone and downloading them without touching the computer. I'm carrying both phones right now.....just can't leave home without my iphone. Of course when Google gets off and running and has there preview of Android on the 12th of this month.... I'm gonna want that too... lol.

My post was a little too sarcastic I take it...

Here's the deal, I do have an Intel MacBook Pro as well as a Dual Core G5, so Leopard is a must for me, the power is there for it. Im just really fed up with the sync issues. It's not a perfect sync, I don't believe...and I'm not losing vital info (a BIG contact for instance, with data for almost all available fields...) but instead someone' s "other" number won't transfer over, etc.

I don't think I could possibly go with two phones, either, so that's out...

I guess I really want native OS X support, that's all...

Then again, I just realized that there were some AutoText words I needed to add to my dictionary, a friend of mine switched BB's and his pin is different, so I just copied and pasted his message into an email; and A friend of mine that sends way too many forwards, I just turned off email alerts for him, but am okay with SMS/Phone alerts...

You couldn't have just done all three of those, in about 45 seconds, on an iPhone...

So that's why I'm still here, I think it's like drycleaning...you bit$h and moan all you want, but when it comes down to it, who wants to go somewhere else...damn dirty laundry

Sorry to keep my post alive (They die pretty quick in here anyway

How is Leopard and the new PocketMac? Has anyone discovered any MAJOR hiccups?

Please post your experience...

Thanks,
    ajm

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I haven't had any issues w/ Leopard and PocketMac.

For what my 2 cents are worth - I have a Pearl and an iPod Touch and just from using that I don't think I'd ever need to "upgrade" or move to an iPhone.. The typing just isn't as intuitive as a blackberry. I think a BB with the Opera Browser is just as convenient as Safari, and the mail setup/useage on the BB is much simpler.

Yes, the iPhone has the music and movies as a huge plus over the BB, but I'm ok carrying 2 devices for now. (well, 3, cause I still carry a regular Cell phone too!)

I'm not knocking the iPhone - I'm as big of a Mac fanboy as you'll ever see, but to me, the iPhone isn't a BB replacement, it just compliments it very nicely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

Hillboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I have a bberry curve and I installed Leopard on my Mac. I have an OS X that I purchased less than a year ago. My PocketMac use to sync without a problem before Leopard. Now that I have upgraded to Leopard, I haven't been able to complete a sync. It gets hung up every time it gets to tasks.
    What can I do to fix this problem? It's getting frustrating not to be able to sync anymore.

Don't Know...any suggestions?

Also, what about the Beta out of Missing Sync? Does Anyone have it? How's it working?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Here's the Leopard beta for The Missing Sync. I have not tried it (or any other versions) http://www.markspace.com/testing/mis...berry103b1.dmg
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a jailbroken iPhone and a BB for work. Damn, I wish RIM would take us seriously. I love the iPhone and probably won't leave it but I would never have gotten the iPhone if RIM decided to treat Mac users with any respect. RIM will take our money but they sure don't want to give us any service.

Pedrobook no está en línea Stack level 1

I gave up on syncing my 7130 long ago, after twice losing all my contact data on the mac (both times I had to restore from backups). After that I entered all new contacts separately on the phone and the computer. Crap indeed. But still, didn't jump on the iPhone bandwagon right away because of the lovely keyboard on the 7130 and its ability to switch languages so easily. Plus I travel internationally a lot, and the horror stories about data roaming on the iPhone really soothed the itch to ditch.

Well, three weeks ago, I finally got an iPhone.

Guys, there is no comparison. iPhone is truly amazing. I could write a comparison, but there's none. Suffice it to say that I only regret did not switch on iDay.

So long BB. Thanks for the memories.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am a tech junkie freak! I always want the best of the best, I was really itching to get the iphone. But alas, h kids and the cost..I couldn't justify. So I got the pearl and I'm happy. No desire to leave my crackberry family. That's my 2 cents anyway!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: This is Crap! I think i need the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrobook View Post
    I gave up on syncing my 7130 long ago, after twice losing all my contact data on the mac (both times I had to restore from backups). After that I entered all new contacts separately on the phone and the computer. Crap indeed. But still, didn't jump on the iPhone bandwagon right away because of the lovely keyboard on the 7130 and its ability to switch languages so easily. Plus I travel internationally a lot, and the horror stories about data roaming on the iPhone really soothed the itch to ditch.

Well, three weeks ago, I finally got an iPhone.

Guys, there is no comparison. iPhone is truly amazing. I could write a comparison, but there's none. Suffice it to say that I only regret did not switch on iDay.

So long BB. Thanks for the memories.
    Pedrobook, I hear ya. I use to hang out here trying to solve all my BB-Mac issues which is why I know more about it than I ever intended to. I bought an iPhone on Day 1, and after 60 minutes, I knew it was the right choice. It's absolutely amazing...the speed, fluidity, and perfect synching all taken care of. Not just synching the obvious like contacts, but calendar, iTunes music library, bookmarks, photos, movies, podcasts, tasks, notes, etc. The other day I had to add 4 new telephones numbers to a contact of mine that already has 5 phone numbers..it went flawlessly. That contact now has 9 phone numbers perfectly labeled the way I want. This is an impossibility with PocketMac or Missing Sync and the attempt creates such havoc.

Why I am here? I just came back briefly to do some research on a sync problem a friend is having with his Blackberry Pearl...this is the best BB site hands down!! Enjoy your phone!

p.s. jwlussow, a few posts back, is a longtime BB user and knows his stuff too, as well as ajmctaggart. They are seasoned vets here that have conquered many a BB/Mac problem, but also still use BB's.
    Last edited by wclyffe; 12-09-2007 at 10:07 AM.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: This is Crap! I think i need the iPhone

A small side note to jwlussow and ajmctaggart (& others),
    I have Leopard installed with a new iMac at home and an old Powerbook G4 at work. I am a dotMac user and I have about 80-90 folders (mailboxes) up on my .Mac account for different projects that show up on both computers and my iPhone. When I move or delete an email, the same happens on all 3 devices.,,instantly!! In other words, its like being on a BES (Blackberry Exchange Server) and I'm on a Mac!!. Given that everyone always talks about the Blackberry and email, this to me is THE reason I love the iPhone setup! The best part is the the phone does so much more than email!
    Last edited by wclyffe; 01-05-2008 at 11:28 AM.