Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

I will be honest...i never in a million years ever thought i would say that, ... Apple iPhone forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Thinking of converting from Android to iPhone

Advertisement

I will be honest...i never in a million years ever thought i would say that, its just that i think it can meet my needs better, i here that the stock browser is one of a kind, but wondering whether to go 4s or just 4, i know that the 4s has a duel core but im taking battery life into consideration here. how responsive are the 2 devices ? any freezing or lagging ? do they both run fast. is there a noticeable difference in the responsiveness between 4 and 4s or do they the same speed ?

are many apps on...(apple version of Google play don't know what its called) free because i just cant do online purchasing...I hate it!

how fast is the boot time ?

is there any way i can get a taste of iOS on my droid first ?

Looking forward to hearing from you

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is this something you need to do right away? If you've never had an iPhone, you'll definitely want to go with the 4S. If you can wait until Fall, the i5 is supposed to be released in September/October.

As for battery life, I've not noticed any difference between the 4 and the 4S. iOS is very smooth. Never had any lagging issues with either the 4 or the 4S.

If you've had a BlackBerry, boot time on a 'Droid or iPhone will seem insignificant.
    iNurse likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Do it. Be free from the shackles of Android.

Boot time? What is that? iPhone is a superior device, and I can't remember the last time I re-booted it. Only time I need it to restart is when I'm updating my OS or jail breaking.

There are tons of free apps but there are more apps that you will have to purchase on the iPhone than any other platform. It's worth it.

Added: I use the browser more than anything, and it's awesome. You won't be disappointed unless you want to see flash content.
    iNurse likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    *biting tongue*
    *fighting urge*

[Edit]
    Having had an evo 3D might I suggest trying an iPhone AND other androids first?

As for boot times my S2 is very quick.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Very quick Jay. iOS is slower. But BB, that's a not going anywhere, watch my clock reboot. Glad that's over.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Spit it out, Cooley!

You have to admit, not all Android devices are created equally. Some are slow, ugly, fragmented and overall a waste of time. If he has an older device he may feel a bit shackled, just as I would feel if I had one of these hideous creatures in my pocket.

This is such a precious moment and a big decision that he will have to make... The man has come to a crossroads in his life, and needs all the support we can give.
    jfcooley likes this.

KTW
    my need is for something very simple, not that i mind getting my hands dirty but i see it as practical to have something that's easy to use, the reason i wish to change...MY BATTERY LIFE STINKS!!!!!...i know it can last 4 days...not with extreme use that is, with extreme use my battery can maybe last about 2-3 hours...but i will definitely keep my evo...it serves its photography purpose well...very well not to mention bragging rights (my phones better than yours kinda thing) then the use of catchy titles such as experimental or prototype unit of HTC, many people believe that 3D on phones is years away. back to battery life...i would hate to get stuck with a BB...BB is definitely not an option...id rather spend $3000 buying battery's and chargers.

i believe all droids have this battery life problem...please correct me if im wrong but i have never seen any droid lasting more than 16 hours while watching youtube videos.

not to mention there's more support for eye phones...er iPhones, just look at the apple stores...though i was a bit upset when they refused to tell me what jail breaking was or how to do it, strange they just said that it was illegal and that they would not have this discussion.

im also sick and tired of watching my data consumption by all these Google services.

KTW
    the move will not be right away, just doing research and getting different point of views

You need to investigate where and what is using that battery. 2-3 hours sounds like a ton of process or something is wakelocking.

Get betterbattery stats from the market and lets see whatss up.

16 hours of data and screen on won't happen.

You have a GSM 3D correct? What hboot? Are you stock?

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    *biting tongue*
    *fighting urge*

[Edit]
    Having had an evo 3D might I suggest trying an iPhone AND other androids first?

As for boot times my S2 is very quick.

the S2 boot up time is 25.24 seconds

this is what bothers me about my evo, its not constant it vary s between 55.36 seconds and sub 3, yes sub 3 (not normal if you ask me, must have missed out some coding) according to the way that HTC market sense on the sensation its supposed to be no more than 10 seconds. but what other droids do you recommend ?

and relax JF...i am not an enemy of android now and never will be

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Jailbreaking is NOT illegal but it is definitely something that they wouldn't want to talk about in the store. It also voids the warranty of the device.

KTW
    say JF...didn't you say you would get the iPhone 5 and RogerG get the samsung galaxy S3?

Dont you see ?...now we can get iPhones together.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Lol! Pigs will fly too.
    Capdot and iNurse like this.

KTW
    How much battery life can i expect from the 4S ?

Honestly I think anyone who wants an iPhone should have one.
    You're evo will take longer to boot based on what apps are starting up, Widgets that have to download info, and load sense (hog).

Wanting an iPhone isn't the issue, it is that you have a device that is having issues.
    If you decide on an iPhone then I will be the first to congratulate you.
    KTW likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast