Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This might sound lame, but what does SSH into your phone mean? And how do ... Apple iPhone forum

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3

SSH

Advertisement

This might sound lame, but what does SSH into your phone mean? And how do you do that? Can anyone explain? I've jailbroken my iphone and everyone keeps talking about SSH this and that into your phone and I was to check those things out too! Thanks!!!

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    shh is like ftp into ur iphone so u can use a computer nd view ur iphones system folders
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    How to Install OpenSSH on Your iPhone (Cydia)

Link:

Thanks!!! I have that installed on my phone already. How do I access the files through my computer?

I think I figured it out. Thanks guys!

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey I have ifile right. Is it the same thing as ssh trough winscp?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    yeah pretty much
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    IFunBox is awesome too...and doesn't require WiFi.

CardiacSmashin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    shh is like ftp into ur iphone so u can use a computer nd view ur iphones system folders
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    FTP is a File Transfer Protocol, its basically a application layer protocol in the OSI model that is used to send and recieve files over TCP/IP. SSH however is a more secure way to file transfer, IF YOU CHANGED YOUR root PASSWORD!!!, it's also deeper in the OSI model. User interface but not opened up by a application, but a command.
    Kristopher the Great

Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    IFunBox is awesome too...and doesn't require WiFi.
    cant see to find this one

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do a Google search for "ifunbox." Its the first result in the list

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Here is something VERY interesting, it's called iPhone Folders, it is a Windows Explorer extension that allows you to browse contents of your iPhone or iPod Touch like a regular removable drive. After installation you'll find it in My Computer folder. Using this extension you can browse your phone filesystem, copy files to and from it, open files directly from iPhone, create shortcuts to folders on iPhone. In thumbnail mode program will display previews of png and jpg files on phone, application icons for installed applications (.app folders).

Check it out HERE
    Last edited by beeshabo; 11-19-2009 at 02:17 PM.

I really like the iphone folders! It is awesome. Can you tell me how I would change my password from alpine to something different? I've searched around and I can't figure out how to do that. Thanks.

Here’s how to change the default SSH password after jailbreaking:
    1. Make sure you have Cydia installed on your jailbroken device. If you don’t already have MobileTerminal installed, launch Cydia and tap the ‘Search’ tab in the bottom navigation bar.

2. Type ‘MobileTerminal’ in the search field and select the first result. Select ‘Install’ on the top right corner and tap ‘Confirm’ on the next screen. It will now install MobileTerminal on your device. Now, tap on ‘Return to Cydia’ and tap home button.
    3. Navigate to the newly installed ‘MobileTerminal’ application and tap to open.

4. In MobileTerminal, type ’su root’ and tap return. It will ask you for a password, enter ‘alpine’ and tap return again.

5. Now, type ‘passwd’ and then tap return. Type in a new password such as ’secret’ and tap return. Retype the new password to confirm and then tap return one last time to change the password.
    6. Now, your SSH password will be changed and your device will be protected against any future hacks that use SSH to access your device.

ok i got it from another website. i didnt post the link cuz i dont know how to, but any ways here it is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast