I have the iPhone 3GS. Was attempting to set a speed dial for my Home ... Apple iPhone forum

weav01 no está en línea Stack level 2

Speed Dial mess up

Advertisement

I have the iPhone 3GS. Was attempting to set a speed dial for my Home phone by holding down the #2 key. Something went wrong and now the #1 key is set to speed dial my Home phone but is labeled "voice mail" when it is dialing. It dials the correct number for my home phone. It is just labeled wrong. I can only access my voicemail from within the voicemail area. No speed dial for voicemail. Any suggestions where I can get it straigtened out?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Are you using an App for the speed dial? Otherwise your Favorites is meant for the speed dial. One Touch is one Touch. You can always do a restore to place everything back to the way it was.
    Last edited by srl7741; 08-08-2009 at 07:54 PM.

No app used. Was just following a post on another site for setting a number to aspeed dial and messed it up.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Can you post how you did that? The iPhone does not have speed dial that I'm aware of.

I was messing around with the *5005*... codes from this site: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1223746.html and this site: http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elite/wiki/iPhoneCodes Like I said when I hold down the 1 key it says it is dialing my voicemail but it actually connects with my own house number? I even restored the machine but then restored a back up and of course that setting was back. Maybe I stumbled on something here for speed dialing? Is there a number that ATT has set for voicemail. IF so maybe I can try putting that in somehow.
    Please help.

Just went thru this process again by using *5005*86*333#. Now when I hold the number 1 key i get "error performing request Unknown error" and gives me a green DISMISS button? wow i really should not mess around with this stuff.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    To view a few settings go to Settings/Phone. You can also scroll thru AT&T Services on that screen and it will give you a few numbers to try. You can also access your VM from a landline by dialing your number and hitting the # sign on the landline phone? I think and go over setting that way also.

I would restore a fresh new copy of the OS onto the phone. That way it will undo anything you may have messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    To view a few settings go to Settings/Phone. You can also scroll thru AT&T Services on that screen and it will give you a few numbers to try. You can also access your VM from a landline by dialing your number and hitting the # sign on the landline phone? I think and go over setting that way also.

I would restore a fresh new copy of the OS onto the phone. That way it will undo anything you may have messed up.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

What about restoring my apps contacts...etc without restoring those messed up setting?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    It won't put them back on automatically. Contacts can be put back on by syncing with what ever your using for a contact manager on the computer. The Apps can all be downloaded again from the App Store. Paid Apps won't cost money again they are free to download again.