A friend of mine I dont see much anymore showed up at the bar last ... Apple iPhone forum

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3

So my buddy got an iphone.

Advertisement

A friend of mine I dont see much anymore showed up at the bar last night wielding a new 3g iphone.

I was like "dude?"

I asked him why he did not come to me when he was looking for a new cell phone. Could have found him the prefect one for him. Probably a Blackberry. He even switched from t-mo to go to att for the iphone where he is paying almost 90 dollars a month!! Gross!

I think it is because he thinks he is one upping me. This always has happened in the past. Whenever I get a new phone. Something nice, not the best. He would come back maybe a week could be a month later with an even newer phone that could do even more.

He thinks he's done it again.

He was showing me his gps maps on the iphone. I said " Yeah look at this" "got that too" "And I have several different Gps programs"

Then I turned on Sprint TV haha, got him there.

Then I told my other BB buddy there to send me a quick email. I'll just say that he was amazed at how fast i got it. He said it was like a text message delivering so fast.

So in the end I told him that if he wanted something cutting edge and touch screen, didnt mind switching carriers (obviously) I told him he should have waited a little longer to get The Storm.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    He got owned.

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Dde you showed him. My partner was trying to talk me into getting a Iphone. I was considering it then stumpled onto the BB. Man I love this phone.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post
    A friend of mine I dont see much anymore showed up at the bar last night wielding a new 3g iphone.

I was like "dude?"

I asked him why he did not come to me when he was looking for a new cell phone. Could have found him the prefect one for him. Probably a Blackberry. He even switched from t-mo to go to att for the iphone where he is paying almost 90 dollars a month!! Gross!

I think it is because he thinks he is one upping me. This always has happened in the past. Whenever I get a new phone. Something nice, not the best. He would come back maybe a week could be a month later with an even newer phone that could do even more.

He thinks he's done it again.

He was showing me his gps maps on the iphone. I said " Yeah look at this" "got that too" "And I have several different Gps programs"

Then I turned on Sprint TV haha, got him there.

Then I told my other BB buddy there to send me a quick email. I'll just say that he was amazed at how fast i got it. He said it was like a text message delivering so fast.

So in the end I told him that if he wanted something cutting edge and touch screen, didnt mind switching carriers (obviously) I told him he should have waited a little longer to get The Storm.
    So what is the point of this post? You showed a guy who you don't see often you have a equal if not better phone, and the storm is better anyway?

This whole blackberry vs iphone thing is crap. If you like your device good, if he is showing off then let him. be the bigger person and let him look like the jerk because your happy. Not trying to bust you up, I know it seems like it but they both are great. I hope your happy and content with yours and let that dude be the idiot.. you don't see him much anyway.

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Relax dude he is just giving some bb love man , I work at apple and know the working conditions of the iphone , and a little bb love is always nice ! Don't hate procrastinate ! Lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    yea so what i would blow any iphone contester away with a blackberry anytime....its not about whats better and whats not..its just as simple as the blackberry is a REAL smart phone and the iphone is just a media phone...used to play games and a itunes slave...if you could turn a ipod touch into a iphone with a single app..what does that tell you?? they should of called it a playphone instead! but its just my opinion.
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Lol fisher price phone ha ha ha

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

I just don't see it

I have used both and to be honest they both are great. Fisher price phone. That's funny. What's funny here is this phone is actually more than that. Did you know that a jailbroken iPhone can do most of everything anyone would want. These settings are just turned off. Look I'm not going to get into this old debate but why post that cr*p when there are plenty of topics to discuss in the blackberry threads. Enjoy your phones. Bb is good. Love them both. Cheers
    Last edited by jblackfish; 11-30-2008 at 10:26 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjenkins17 View Post
    I have used both and to be honest they both are great. Fisher price phone. That's funny. What's funny here is this phone is actually more than that. Did you know that a jailbroken iPhone can do most of everything anyone would want. These settings are just turned off. Look I'm not going to get into this old debate but why post that cr*p when there are plenty of topics to discuss in the blackberry threads. Enjoy your phones. Bb is good. Love them both. Cheers
    I agree. Jenkins. There are good qualities in most products and, even tho we love our BB's, there's no point in posting negative comments about someone who mad a different choice.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3

Well its not so much about the Iphone. It is a nice device. Its more about my friend thinking that he is going to get something better than I. Like when I finally got my first camera phone, not two weeks later he gets new phone that can record 15 seconds of video. And I guess I was a little upset cause he always did get a nicer phone. But what I'm getting at is not this time. I don't feel jealous of him having a better phone. Cause I don't think it is better.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Well its not so much about the Iphone. It is a nice device. Its more about my friend thinking that he is going to get something better than I. Like when I finally got my first camera phone, not two weeks later he gets new phone that can record 15 seconds of video. And I guess I was a little upset cause he always did get a nicer phone. But what I'm getting at is not this time. I don't feel jealous of him having a better phone. Cause I don't think it is better.
    Got your msg grymtyrant, and I agree that you've definitely gotten the better of him this time! it's a competitive world, huh?

Still, we don't need to knock the competition in a negative way.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

Is it possible that it is not so much that he is trying to one-up you as much when you get a shiny new toy it just puts him in the mood to get one too. That doesn't necessarily mean jealousy.

It sounds a bit more to me like you're the competitive one in that relationship or you would not have felt the need to post about it here. We all love our Blackberries but why did you feel the need to try to one-up him. He got something totally different than you, it's obviously what he wanted and didn't feel the need to consult you. Be happy he got a nice device. You'll always have a better phone (Blackberry) but no need to rub it into your friend (at least if you want them to stay a friend). It just seems to me if you don't see him very often you would certainly have something more to talk about than who has the better device, that's not friendship that's competitivness. JMHO.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Though we dont always like it, imitation is the best form of flattery....maybe he's just trying to be like you, but not totally copy you...kwim?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yea so far I am pleased for the most part with my storm. He should have got it instead.