Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just made the switch from an 8320 via Tmo to a 3g iPhone... I have ... Apple iPhone forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

so long bb

Advertisement

Just made the switch from an 8320 via Tmo to a 3g iPhone...

I have mixed feelings about making the switch, but I think ill be happier with the iPhone long term. I always felt this yearning desire to continuously upgrade my BlackBerry because it always seemed to fall short on some major feature. Whether it was memory leaks, faulty UMA connections, or improper handling of email, I think it was time to move on.

It will take some getting used to non-instantaneous email delivery of gmail, the on screen keyboard, and the much reduced battery life as compared to the Curve. I will also miss BB msngr (my whole family uses that to communicate); oh well, there is always SMS, right?

If anyone has any pointers in making the switch from BB to iPhone, I'm all eyes!

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    buy an extended battery, lol, good luck with that
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    buy an extended battery, lol, good luck with that
    good one... hardee har har... a real knee slapper there man.. wow you sure got me.. sheesh... thanks for brightening my day like that.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Good Luck

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Just made the switch from an 8320 via Tmo to a 3g iPhone...
    First of all, Kudos! for not bashing the BlackBerry.

Second, I've had both versions 1 and 2 of the iPhone, which in my case was never to replace the BB, but instead like the 30 or so other phones I have (sick phone enthusiast here), simply to see what it was like & have a little fun. I put it on another dedicated line, so as not to interrupt my normal method of business, personal, and all around mobile communications via my BlackBerry.

I have nothing bad to say about the iPhone in returning the favor of not bringing this down to the level of my daddy is bigger than your daddy......

The are in my opinion two two great phones for what each of them is designed to do. As far as suggestions going forward, I'm sure your resourceful (aren't all BB users?) and will determine what works best for you. I do have one small tip or two.

First tip, the very moment you take it out of the box, try and be patient, plug it into charge and walk away until it's fully charged. Too many people begin using their iPhones with a partial charge which Apple endorses, and then the battery run times are impacted in a negative way. For some reason the iPhone is more sensitive to this than any phone I've had to date.

Second tip, don't walk out of the Apple store without a hard case of some sort. Not rock hard but they have some nice plastic cases that ad little if no bulk and they are very protective of the perimeter rim of the phone. This is a very easy phone to drop. Especially until you get used to it. If your ordering online from the Apple store get one of their cases. Here is the one I suggest:
    iPhone Case

And that should do it. Good Luck, I hope you enjoy your new iPhone and thanks for saying good bye without Bashing the BlackBerry, I believe that competition is good and we can all respect each others choices.

Cheers!

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    First of all, Kudos! for not bashing the BlackBerry.

Second, I've had both versions 1 and 2 of the iPhone, which in my case was never to replace the BB, but instead like the 30 or so other phones I have (sick phone enthusiast here), simply to see what it was like & have a little fun. I put it on another dedicated line, so as not to interrupt my normal method of business, personal, and all around mobile communications via my BlackBerry.

I have nothing bad to say about the iPhone in returning the favor of not bringing this down to the level of my daddy is bigger than your daddy......

The are in my opinion two two great phones for what each of them is designed to do. As far as suggestions going forward, I'm sure your resourceful (aren't all BB users?) and will determine what works best for you. I do have one small tip or two.

First tip, the very moment you take it out of the box, try and be patient, plug it into charge and walk away until it's fully charged. Too many people begin using their iPhones with a partial charge which Apple endorses, and then the battery run times are impacted in a negative way. For some reason the iPhone is more sensitive to this than any phone I've had to date.

Second tip, don't walk out of the Apple store without a hard case of some sort. Not rock hard but they have some nice plastic cases that ad little if no bulk and they are very protective of the perimeter rim of the phone. This is a very easy phone to drop. Especially until you get used to it. If your ordering online from the Apple store get one of their cases. Here is the one I suggest:
    iPhone Case

And that should do it. Good Luck, I hope you enjoy your new iPhone and thanks for saying good bye without Bashing the BlackBerry, I believe that competition is good and we can all respect each others choices.

Cheers!
    Thanks Archer... I appreciate the humanity/phone-anity (toward me and my iPhone!).

I got a gel skin and belt holster for my iphone. I do see what you mean about protecting it. Its very shiny...very, very shiny.

As for bashing BB, there isnt anything to bash. I see no reason not to re-evaluate BB in the future when it comes time to replace iPhone. I have no hard feelings to RIM or my own BB, just saw something that might fill my niche a bit better.

Thanks for the tips... see you around these parts again in the future, probably!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good luck with that. If you ever come back, our doors are always open. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    congratulations on your new device , hope your happy and content..

now i was wondering, when blackberry gets a 3g phone, will you come back???

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    so i just couldnt take being away from a bb... iphone went back today and now ive got a new red 8310

so i just couldnt take being away from a bb... iphone went back today and now ive got a new red 8310
    Welcome Back!
    Sometimes it takes trying something else before we appreciater how good our BlackBerrys are. Nothing wrong with that. It also keeps us informed about that the other companies are doing. It's the reason I try others, but in my case I am not looking to replace my trusty BlackBerry, but rather to try the others just for fun & the experience.
    In your case, you were not gone for long, & it's great to have you back. Enjoy your new BlackBerry !
    Cheers,
    sent via BlackBerry Red Curve 8310
    Simply Brilliant !

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I had the iPhone for a while---it was GREAT To hack and rip apart! Nothing beat that! But I too got tired of it, and while I dont see myself going back to a BB any time soon (doesn't have the hackability that I now so desire) glad you are happy with it!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I had the iPhone for a while---it was GREAT To hack and rip apart! Nothing beat that! But I too got tired of it, and while I dont see myself going back to a BB any time soon (doesn't have the hackability that I now so desire) glad you are happy with it!
    So what sre you using, (oops sorry) hacking now? ...

sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Welcome Back!
    Sometimes it takes trying something else before we appreciater how good our BlackBerrys are. Nothing wrong with that. It also keeps us informed about that the other companies are doing. It's the reason I try others, but in my case I am not looking to replace my trusty BlackBerry, but rather to try the others just for fun & the experience.
    In your case, you were not gone for long, & it's great to have you back. Enjoy your new BlackBerry !
    Cheers,
    sent via BlackBerry Red Curve 8310
    Simply Brilliant !
    thanks amigo... there was just a feature shortage with the iphone... the cool factor wasnt cool enough.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well good luck with the iPhone. I must tell you my story that is on-going as I write this. My wife has had her iPhone for almost a year, and last week her original iPhone had bubbles under the glass, we took it to the retail Apple store(65 miles away, one way)and they replaced it for free. Then that iPhone stopped making and receiving calls..made the trip again and they replaced that one for another. Well, that iPhone's WiFi stopped working! I found out through Apple forums that it is a hardware failure. So off to the Apple Retail store again. This is all in the span of one and a half weeks. I'm not a happy iPhone owner! Just wanted to be honest about my experience...I would think twice more before switching

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Once you go BLACKberry you never go back!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast