New Version Utilizes iPhone OS 3.0 Update to Deliver Expanded Feature Set and Increased Social ... Apple iPhone forum
Shazam Launches Enhanced Music Discovery Application on Apple App Store
New Version Utilizes iPhone OS 3.0 Update to Deliver Expanded Feature Set and Increased Social Networking Capability
Jun 24, 2009 Shazam, the world’s leading mobile music discovery provider, today announced the release of an updated version of its popular music discovery application on the App Store. The new version utilizes the iPhone OS 3.0 enhancements to offer iPhone and iPod touch Shazamers expanded features, enhanced functionality and added social networking capability, including access to Twitter.
“Since launching on the App Store last year, Shazam has achieved a huge following with iPhone and iPod touch users” said Andrew Fisher, CEO of Shazam. “We have listened and learned from our iPhone and iPod touch users over the past year and we are confident that the millions of Shazamers around the world will enjoy the enhanced functionality of this latest release.”
Shazam was present at the launch of Apple’s App Store last summer and now has over 7 million users and accrued over 100,000 user reviews worldwide as it approaches its anniversary year.
- Tweet your Tag: Share the tagged song with your followers – letting them stay up to date with the artist and track details you discover.
- Share a music moment: Send your Tags as a Postcard to friends who share your musical taste so they can add the Tag to their own collection in Shazam, as well as preview and buy direct in iTunes.
- Track your music journey: See your Tag appear on Maps inside Shazam, along with your Tag history, to remind you where you were when you captured the moment.
- Identify music anywhere: From the radio, TV, film, or in a store by simply holding your iPhone towards the music and tapping 'Tag'.
- Buy music you hear: Your Tags link to iTunes to give you one-touch access to the music you love.
- Watch the video: View related videos and other music content on YouTube.
- Personalize your Tags: Capture the moment by taking and adding a photo or attach an existing picture. See your shots seamlessly added to your iPhone photo album.
- Learn more about the music: Read track and album reviews and artist biographies, plus see other music from the same artist and view song lyrics.
- Sort your Tags: As your Shazam collection grows you can organise by artist, title, or date - making it easy to find the Tag you want.
- Store pending Tags: For when you don't have data connection, you can still capture the music moment. The untagged track can be sent later when you are back in WiFi or data coverage.
Shazam is available from Apple’s App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/
About Shazam Entertainment
Shazam is the world’s leading mobile music discovery application - enabling consumers to experience and share music with others across mobile devices and the internet. Since its launch as the first mobile-specific service to help users discover new music seven years ago, Shazam has created a new way for users to connect to each other through their music tastes and preferences.
Headquartered in London England, Shazam’s solutions enhance the music strategies of more than 75 carriers across 60 markets globally, including AT&T, T-Mobile and Vodafone. It has deployed across multiple platforms such as iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Symbian and Java.
The Shazam Tag Chart, generated by the company’s mobile music recognition service, is constantly referenced by the music industry as a true indicator of market interest in pre-release material and a monitor of the hit potential of a track or artist.
Shazam’s successes have been recognised through numerous awards, including the Mobile Entertainment Award for Best Music Service Provider.
For more information please visit www.shazam.com
Tags for this Thread