engadget is reporting that bloom berg has said the iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon. ... Apple iPhone forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Rumor: iPhone to Verizon in January

Advertisement

engadget is reporting that bloom berg has said the iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon. I really hope this is true. Finally ,one of the best phones gets network it deserves. I hope they can handle it.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 06-29-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Edited Title

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Glad you posted this one. I had no time today and it's a great topic for discussion. Let's hear it PS!

Are ya going or staying and will you switch to the new Jesus Phone if big V get's it?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If it's true, I would do it. My husband has been wanting to switch to VZ, but he doesn't want to give up his iPhone. So it would work out great for us

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Going to open a new line just for this one!!! I've had all the carriers and by far verizon is the best as far as service goes. I travel so coverage is important. 3G doesn't mean anything if you are in a area where EDGE is only avalible. There is nothing worse than trying to use your smartphone for what it was designed to do and being limited to 1998 tech. I for one am very happy to hear that this might actually be coming true. I love the Android phones that I had/have but I have noticed that since i use my iPad for most everything these days besides calls, I find myself pressing the trackpad on my incredible to try and get back to the home screen and looking for the back key on my iPad. I have changed to adw launcher on my incredible because it has the samsung app drawer which is swipe left and right like apple vs up and down. These may be minor things but defiantly noticeable when trying to use two completely different full touch devices. For me this would make sense and although I wouldn't give up my android the iPhone 4 would almost certainly become my main phone. Then all I would need is a iMac. Dang you Jobs for making such awesome products.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hahaha, the iMac was the first for me and it's what made me think in a way I had never done before. I feel sorry for you now
    It's over................ it's futile to resist when Verizon get the iPhone. Begin making plans now so it won't hurt so much.

I should add* If you have not used an iphone 4 yet be prepared b/c it's nothing like the 3G or 3GS. The screen and transitions are much, much different. There is no way to really describe it. It's that much better.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I know right. The wait till January will be long. I'm looking at iMacs right now. How do you think verizons network is going to handle the flood of people coming from other carriers, especially AT&T for this? They don't seem to have any issues with all the data being used by all the android phones. Also, will we see this as a 4G enabled iPhone?? LTE is coming and Verizon has said it is starting to move on getting it up. To have this happen in January is very unlike apples normal practices about announcing new things. They almost never deviate from that schedule and this I would think would be almost as big as the iPhone 4 launch.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    How is this possible? The contract is not up on AT&T I don't think till 2012 it's gonna happen just not soon.also Steve jobs already stated vzw can have it when their network can support it key word support,which obviously means that he knows vzw can't support it plain and simple right now. This vzw and iPhone thing is getting to the point where it's just guessing and being called news. Of course vzw will get the phone it's a fact it is just a matter of when ? So ur best bet is go to AT&T and when ur 2 year contract is up switch back.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I will agree with you that there has been a lot of rumors on this in the last 2 years but none have come from such a credible source as Bloomberg. It not like Joe smoes blog is reporting this. You say when their network can't support it???? How is this?? Why not, they are the BIGGEST US carrier. They have the best coverage. Can't support it how? Please enlighten me with facts. No way i would go back to AT&T, I like having 3G speeds everywhere i go not just select few cities. You THINK the contract is up in 2012 because that is all you have been hearing. NO ONE knows the exact date and it could have only been three years.it could be that they have come to the agree,net of a early termination of it. no one knows at this point. There has been a lot of rumor lately onthisand coming from a source like Bloomberg is the reason that i posted this.
    Last edited by BHP77; 06-30-2010 at 01:58 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Here is the bloomberg report on the subject. I think it is funny that RIM didn't even give them a call back.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There have been so many rumors, it's coming, it's not, next quarter, next year, never....I know many people who will get one when/if it happens, I may even get one as a secondary device, but I refuse to believe or get excited until Verizon or Apple themselves announce it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Apple
    There have been a lot,I mean a lot of rumors on this but again I point out that this is coming from a credible news source and although they still get things wrong they have not reported anything on this subject through all the rumors that preceded this one. I want it to happen and like you azstar I won't fully believe it until the official announcement but this one holds a great deal more credibility than all the others.

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    Heh, an iPhone on Verizon? That should be interesting. I wonder what that would be like.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Keep in mind AT&T currently handles more data traffic than all 3 other major carriers combined. So add up Verizon, Sprint and TMo totals and AT&T Still handles more in part b/c of the iPhone.

So I'm actually hoping Verizon or others do get the iPhone b/c it's going to really lighten the load on AT&T. I also don't want to use any iPhone on any network that can't handle Voice and Data at the same time. The iPhone needs to have this just like it's needed multi tasking. It really does make the phone come alive just like WiFi does with all smartphones.

3G has really never bothered me much. Yes, of course it's nice but I use WiFi as much as possible. It's FREE and faster and most of the time more dependable that any 3G.