Just think of a fatal computer crash with hundreds of songs in iTunes disappeared. Even ... Apple iPhone forum

pingbright no está en línea Stack level 1

Rescue your music - how to transfer music from iPod/iPhone to Mac

Just think of a fatal computer crash with hundreds of songs in iTunes disappeared. Even when the computer resumes and iPod has every note on it, the music cannot be back with iTunes. Damned one way street! That’s the very trouble I was ever in. After calmed down, I thought maybe I could find a tool to transfer music from iPod to Mac computer, and then Google gave me Mac transfer software called 4Media iPod to Mac Transfer which finally pulled me out of the nightmare. What’s more, I also got an easy way to share my iPod with my roommate’s iPhone. Returning to the topic, the usage methods of the Mac transfer software will be shown as below.
    Start the program and insert iPod, then the interface will automatically load and show the music, movie, photo library and also playlists in the iPod. Well, nearly forgot, it’s the interface goes with the old version which have been upgraded recently. The new interface:

The free upgrade version offers a new interface with the iPod info displayed on as iTunes does. I noticed that the Mac transfer software add playlist and thumbnail modes to view files and allows setting illustration for music and movies to replace the same default illustration it provides in thumbnail mode. And what’s worthy to say, the new version allows me to directly play the songs on its interface and offers a filter and search dialog box to ease my searching as the pictures below show.

Besides the glittery new features, its main functions are still there, simple and powerful.
    Transfer music from iPod to Mac
    Open the music library and choose the songs you want to backup, just click the big button “iPod to Mac”, and then specify the destination folder. Your beloved music would safely arrive at the hard drive. Certainly, you can transfer the videos, photos, podcasts, and TV programs, just like transfer music from iPod to Mac. (I usually use the simplest drag-and-drop to accomplish this.)
    iPod to iTunes transfer
    Open the music or movie library, choose the files you want and click "iPod to iTunes" button, the tool will add the files to iTunes library.
    Also import files from Mac to iPod
    Click “Mac to iPod", select the songs, movies or photos on Mac, then local files would be imported in a wink. (Do not forget the drag-and-drop.)

In fact, with so simple operation and so clear interface, the iPod to Mac transfer software does not allow me to say more about its backup functions. Next I would like to share some other usages I tried.
    First, the playlists in iPod can also be displayed in the software. And we can edit, delete and create playlist in the interface with great ease.
    Second, the Mac transfer software also supports iPhone and furthermore allows us to open iPhone with Finder to use it as a hard disk. As we know, iTunes only supports us to enable iPod’s disk use.
    The last and most useful, the software supports managing more than one device in the same interface. I have inserted my iPod and my classmate’s iPhone at same time. They were both recognized. I even found we can share our songs and movies just by drag-and-drop!
    That’s almost all. And now I use iTunes to manage my music library on Mac and 4Media iPod to Mac transfer to rip and backup music, e.g. transfer music from iPod to Mac. Everything is perfect.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5

Even useful to backup your iPod for preventative measures.

~via BB (