I've been watching a few different Apps for the iPhone that turn your iPhone into ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

RedEye Mini iPhone4 Remote

Advertisement

I've been watching a few different Apps for the iPhone that turn your iPhone into a universal remote for around the home/office. I finally got around to ordering the RedEye Mini

iTunes App Link
    Web Site Link

It should arrive either tomorrow or Saturday. I will stop back after getting everything set up and running/or not and shed some light on these type of Apps. I'm anxious to see if they really DO what is reported.

I currently use the Logitech Universal Remote which has been great but the buttons are a little small. This is actually a much less expensive alternative and could be great. Proof is in the pudding tho and I'm not totally sold yet.

I can already lock/unlock my car doors, start or turn off the motor and control my music library and TV for the streaming media but I still don't have a complete all-in-one solution. This one may just be the one.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im looking forward to hear how you like it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Cool I wanna know how you like it.

I want one that will shut my kids off, or wife............

OK, OK, OK, I will settle with a start of my car in the winter. Sounds more likely to happen for me.

iLord is DEAD!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Update:

I received my RedEye Mini yesterday and this morning I had an email from the Company outlinning how all Mini's have been recalled due to a device manufacturing issue. I spent about an hour setting it up and trying to get it working but was not having any luck. The Device and App has some issues.

Seems we are still 3-4 weeks away from a release of the newer devices. Below is part of the email i received this morning.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Dear RedEye mini customer,

Thank you for supporting us by being one of the first to purchase the
    new RedEye mini. As such, it is with deep regret that we write to
    inform you that we will be recalling the entire first lot of RedEye
    mini units

Replacement units will be available in 3-4 weeks, as we are currently
    transitioning to a new manufacturer and reverting to our original and
    desired design for the RedEye mini, which is to solder the printed
    circuit board directly to the headphone jack
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Place this Thread on hold till then. I'm actually pleased to get this email even tho it was bad news. I like the idea of a company being upfront and sending this out rather than waiting for users to submit support emails and addressing them on a one to one basis.