I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to get myself out of ... Apple iPhone forum

Jockobasi45 no está en línea Stack level 1

Recovery Mode Boot Loop

Advertisement

I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to get myself out of this dilemma. Every time I restart phone it goes into recovery mode? I then have to reboot using blackra1n just to get the phone out of recovery. How do I get out of this loop? Please Help

Jockobasi45 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The phone is jailbroken and I have all my data back'dup on the phone so I hate to restore, but is that my best option?... I tried the youtube videos, web research, quickpawn, irecovery and nothing seems to have worked for me... I figured to save the best for last so the answer has to be on Pinstack. (I hope)

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I think you will have to do a full restore and then jailbreak it again. Did you recently download something that might be causing this? That happened to me before and unfortunately I had to do the restore/re-jailbreak in order to correct it. That's just my own experience, you might want to wait and see what more experienced iPhone users have to say.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockobasi45 View Post
    I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to get myself out of this dilemma. Every time I restart phone it goes into recovery mode? I then have to reboot using blackra1n just to get the phone out of recovery. How do I get out of this loop? Please Help
    The "problem" is that you jailbroke a 3Gs which has the latest baseband firmware. You have what geohot calls a "tethered" jailbreak. (Everytime you restart your iPhone you will have to connect to a PC/mac and re-run blackra1n.) See the link below...

I haven't seen anything to get past that until someone figures out a FULL jailbreak for the 3Gs.

scroll down on the page listed here... --> http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/

Your options are:
    1- do a full restore and wait on an untethered jailbreak for the 3Gs
    2- suffer thru it til the untethered jailbreak comes available (other than applying new themes, how often do you really need to do a full restart anyway?)
    Last edited by ReggieSmith; 01-05-2010 at 11:40 PM. Reason: adding info..
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I see I was way off. I didn't think of that. I'm so glad I don't have that problem. Mine was just due to an app that I dowloaded. Thanks Reggie.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    The "problem" is that you jailbroke a 3Gs which has the latest baseband firmware. You have what geohot calls a "tethered" jailbreak. (Everytime you restart your iPhone you will have to connect to a PC/mac and re-run blackra1n.) See the link below...

I haven't seen anything to get past that until someone figures out a FULL jailbreak for the 3Gs.

scroll down on the page listed here... --> http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/

Your options are:
    1- do a full restore and wait on an untethered jailbreak for the 3Gs
    2- suffer thru it til the untethered jailbreak comes available (other than applying new themes, how often do you really need to do a full restart anyway?)
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Good thinking Reggie!