I had been lurking for awhile trying to decide on which office suite or App ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

QuickOffice 1.2.0 for the iPhone

Advertisement

I had been lurking for awhile trying to decide on which office suite or App to install on my iPhone that would give me the ability to work with a variety of file types.
    QuickOffice turned out to be the App I chose. There does not seem to be any one App that does it all but QuickOffice seems to be the most complete App to date.

In addition to creating Word or Excel documents it also has a few additional features that made it so appealing. It supports iDisk/MobileMe and WiFi transfers without a desktop client. WiFi works from any Browser and is very easy to use. Simply enter the http://address in your Browser and you have access to all your files on the iPhone. When you open the App on the iPhone the http:// address is displayed at the bottom of the screen so there is no guessing. It's so easy to move files from your Desktop to the iPhone and vise-versa.
    You can also access iDisk/MobileMe by simply signing in to your account using your user name and password. All my files were there and I had no problems using any of the files kept on the Cloud. I was amazed at the speed of the App. *

For more information about the App visit the below links.
    Web Site
    Manual
    iTunes Link
    QuickOffice FAQ's

If there is a downside to the App I would have to scream (Terrible Icon).
    The icon background is Black so you have a diamond shaped icon among all those nice square colorful icons. Why do they do that?
    I realize the screen shots above show an off white color but trust me it's Black.

Anyway, it's a great App for those looking for an iPhone App that offers access to Word, Excel and Power Point files.

Last edited by srl7741; 07-12-2009 at 10:16 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    There was an update today to this App.

What's new in this version:
    - Access you email attachments directly from Quickoffice
    - Full iPhone OS 3.0 cut/copy/paste support
    - Full iPhone OS 3.0 undo/redo with shake gesture support
    - User-friendly text wrapping and alignment in cells for worksheets
    - Cell text overflow with alignments
    - Find text in worksheets and search for next or previous occurence
    - User-friendly text indentation and alignment control for documents