Hello, I am wanting to know what is this special character that showed up on ... Apple iPhone forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Question for all....

Advertisement

Hello,

I am wanting to know what is this special character that showed up on my screen. It is a box with a N in it (its in the upper right corner by the battery percent)... check the link below and let me know what you all think that it is.... It just showed up a couple of days ago. I am trying to recall what app this is for.. Any assistance would be great!! And thank you in advance...

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/x...kyq2/photo.png
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good question! Mine (Verizon) doesn't show that symbol. Could it be an AT&T "thing." Have you installed any new app that syncs with FB lately? 'Could be something like that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That is normally the location reserved for the location aware symbol used to let you know your GPS is allowing or being shared. I'm not sure if that is a FB icon or something else.

Is you phone Jail broken?
    When does it go away? After turning off the App?

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Sorry but I notice this symbol on any app not just FB. Yes it is jailbroken. It never goes away, only if I turn off the i4...

Update: I just opened almost every app on the i4 and it is there everytime....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's a Jailbroken thing and I can't offer much help. Sooner or several others will be able to help more than I. My Jailbroken iPhone is tucked away and I don't use it.

Double tap the home button and when the screen slides up turn of all apps running in the background. Restart the iP and see if the icon is gone. Then one at a time open those apps again and see when it re appears. You will at least know what triggers it. That may help narrow it down.

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    It's a Jailbroken thing and I can't offer much help. Sooner or several others will be able to help more than I. My Jailbroken iPhone is tucked away and I don't use it.

Double tap the home button and when the screen slides up turn of all apps running in the background. Restart the iP and see if the icon is gone. Then one at a time open those apps again and see when it re appears. You will at least know what triggers it. That may help narrow it down.
    Well, thank you! I just gave that a try right before you commented, and it came back on the first app that I opened (Weather)... So not sure what it is, but it might be Apple acknowledging that I am one that jailbroke mine.... hhhmmmm, food for thought!!!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    When you turn off weather does it go away? Look in settings in notifications and see if you can find any other help on what it may be or mean.

There has to be a way to turn it off.

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    When you turn off weather does it go away? Look in settings in notifications and see if you can find any other help on what it may be or mean.

There has to be a way to turn it off.
    Ok, I turned all notifications off, and rebooted the i4. It still shows up!!! WTH...

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its within an app I belive called Backgrounder. There is an option in this app to turn it off, go into Backgrounder and turn off Global Settings, turn icon OFF.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Its within an app I belive called Backgrounder. There is an option in this app to turn it off, go into Backgrounder and turn off Global Settings, turn icon OFF.
    Thank you very much. That did it! -Mods can close this thread as resolved!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hi stnkyq2, let's leave this open for a while. It may be of use to someone who has the same or a similar problem. I'm glad you got your issue resolved.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Kewl, glad that I could help you.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Hi stnkyq2, let's leave this open for a while. It may be of use to someone who has the same or a similar problem. I'm glad you got your issue resolved.
    I agree with that!! Always willing to help others..

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Kewl, glad that I could help you.
    Yeeeeeeesir!