I bought the iP4 on the launch date, standing in line 2x at Walmart to ... Apple iPhone forum

bacila no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Question Possible issue with iPhone 4??

Advertisement

I bought the iP4 on the launch date, standing in line 2x at Walmart to get it. (I was a die hard BB fan, but I wanted a "fun" phone, and let's face it, BB's aren't really "fun" phones.) Long story short, I am starting to regret my decision. Seems like I'm having to reset my settings about once a week because something will quit working, like youtube or I will get 50 emails I had previously deleted back in my inbox, or something else will happen and the only way to resolve the issue is to reset the settings. Now it seems like messaging services I've downloaded (like Yahoo messenger or Pmessenger) aren't sending my messages to the recipient and I'm not getting their messages either. What do I need to do to fix this?? I always knew how to fix an issue with my BB before because of helpful people on this site but with the iPhone, I am at a loss.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    I am active on many iPhone forums, and your issues do not seem consistent with other users.

Have you downloaded the latest OS? The current on is 4.0.1

Make sure your WiFi network works. Maybe there are intermittent disconnections causing error in sending/receiving. On 3G, make sure you have sufficient service.

Also, turning your phone on/off is not uncommon. What email provider do you have that you get the 50 email issue on. Can you also be more specific as to what is "not working" or "quits working"? What happens?

Joe

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im not having any of the issues you listed on my i4. I have my home email as well as gmail on my device and have had no problems at all. As the poster above me stated, it almost sounds like you are having reception issues.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    The problem I was having with my email was with yahoo only (never happened with gmail) and once I synced my phone and reset the settings the issue was resolved.
    I am running on the newest os and since I didn't have an iPhone before I can't say if the upgrade is the problem or not. Also there seems to be no difference if I'm on wifi, 3G or edge when I have the connection problem. The wifi does work now without issue.
    So where do I go from here? Contact apple or AT&T?

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    The issue is mainly with yahoo Msgr or pmessenger and occasionally my email won't sync for hours.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    It seems like you are using Yahoo! services. It may just be isolated to that. Yahoo! does not offer push services, so you have to either "fetch" the mail (go to settings to change the interval), or manually refresh your inbox. The mail won't add unless you refresh the inbox or if the inbox fetches them from the server.

As far as Yahoo! Messenger, are you signed in on multiple locations? If you are, it may be that one device is getting the messages first, and a second device doesn't get the message.

I don't think your phone is defective. I think the culprit is Yahoo! services.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    That's what I thought too, but it happens with any messaging service I use. I tried pmessenger, and the messages will show sent, but not delivered. I've downloaded ebuddy and can't sign onto gtalk or yahoo on that one. I just get an error saying can't sign you into gtalk or yahoo.
    I do have a jelly case on my phone, and I thought that was supposed to help with the connection issues?
    Also, isn't the connection issue that has been in the news recently related only to phone calls? I'm not having a problem with phone calls. Just internet! Frustrating!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Have you tried the Trillian App?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Yahoo Email does "Push" to the iPhone. It' always has.

1. Settings
    2. Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    3. Fetch New Data
    4. Advanced
    5. Yahoo

Set it to Push but I think it's set to Push by default if you have set it up correctly. You should not have to make any changes.

Now when talking about Yahoo's Apps. Well that's not the iPhone that is dependent on Yahoo's services and App developers.
    If you want the best IM client don't use Yahoo's use either Beejive or IM+. Both are great and connect to all the IM type services anyway. One App to run them all.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    If it's just related to yahoo messaging i suggest you try the apps that srl has suggested. I personally can't say ya or na on either one as i don't use these type of services but have heard 90% good about both of these apps. Your mail is set to push by default, gmail doesn't "push" by default although the setting is set for it. You need to set up gmail as a exchange account if you want that. Feching every 15 works fine for most though. If you start to have syncing issues as you described earlier, double tap home, scroll to mail app, hold down the icon until the minus symbol appears and close it. The open the mail app again. Should fix those issues as all you doing is closing the app and reopening it. Hope some of this helps.