How many of us are having problems with iPhone 4 and consider it a flawed ... Apple iPhone forum

underworld123 no está en línea Stack level 2

From ordering an iPhone 4 to sending it back in less than 15 days

Advertisement

How many of us are having problems with iPhone 4 and consider it a flawed device. I was about to order one, but stumbled across this post on Why the author went from ordering an iPhone 4 to sending it back in less than 15 days?

Just wanted to hear from those who have or are considering an iPhone 4...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm 3 weeks in with mine. While there is no doubt that a reception/antenna issue exists, I believe that this has been blown up by the media to be more than what it is. I believe there are two contributing factors here-(1) Apple is good at what it does, it's an industry leading company, so when they release a product that has a problem, it's big news. (2) remember, the media has to report on something to fill their newscasts. When you examine the figures, there are a VERY low percentage of i4 users who are experiencing this problem. Compare that to any other initial release of another company's flagship device, and you will see that the numbers reflect just as many if not more complaints. If we were talking about ANY other company, it would be a non-issue. That being said, did Jobs handle the situation correctly? No. But that still doesn't take away from what the i4 is-by far the best offering to date by Apple Inc., and one of, if not the best smartphone ever produced. I have had ZERO problems with mine.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

underworld123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I completely agree with your points. In fact the article suggested that the iPhone 4 may not be completely flawed, but at least there is a growing perception of its flaws. I am currently on a 3GS and leaning towards holding off my next purchase till Apple announces the iPhone 5.....any thoughts?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    No problems here. The anttenna issue is there but as chokem said and I agree it's been blown way out of proportion because it's apple. Cut and dry, you have 15 days to return it if you don't like it. If you still want a iPhone the 3Gs is still a leader in the market.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Options are nice b/c spending a lot of money on something that is not what you like and being stuck with it is terrible.
    For me it's not an issue nor anywhere near the term "flawed" or "failed". I use the telephone 1% of the time I use the phone. The other 99% I'm using Apps so I would not care if the antenna was entirely removed. I used to see the smarphone as first and foremost a telephone with perks like email, web, media, texting etc.

Over time tho I have changed how I use things a little bit. I've not experienced any signal issue either so I have mixed thoughts on the entire topic. The issue seems to be that Apple pays close attention to detail thought out the design and the UI so it's frustrating when there seems to be a weak spot with the new version.

Only Apple can be held to such a high standard which to me seems odd. The spinning pinwheel or blue screens of death have never had such attention. There are numerous other examples that have never been focused on so much as this one has been. It's an odd duck

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I'm 3 weeks in with mine. While there is no doubt that a reception/antenna issue exists, I believe that this has been blown up by the media to be more than what it is. I believe there are two contributing factors here-(1) Apple is good at what it does, it's an industry leading company, so when they release a product that has a problem, it's big news. (2) remember, the media has to report on something to fill their newscasts. When you examine the figures, there are a VERY low percentage of i4 users who are experiencing this problem. Compare that to any other initial release of another company's flagship device, and you will see that the numbers reflect just as many if not more complaints. If we were talking about ANY other company, it would be a non-issue. That being said, did Jobs handle the situation correctly? No. But that still doesn't take away from what the i4 is-by far the best offering to date by Apple Inc., and one of, if not the best smartphone ever produced. I have had ZERO problems with mine.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. They say "drunk nights are remembered more than sober ones", so of course the good will outweigh the bad (or the complaints will outweigh the positive user feedback). It just sucks for Apple with the overblown media coverage.

It still is the best thing to hit the market and if you only will be using one device, all that you would need to get around is not having a keyboard (and not having bbm if you are leaving from a BlackBerry haha).
    For those of us that are using two devices, there isn't a big issue.

Throughout the youtube videos, the online posts, and the news coverage, there have been a very large amount of iPhone 4 users that have reported no problems at all. I think it's time to start spreading the positivity rather than the negativity.

Also, the iPhone 4 hits the shelves in Canada and a dozen other countries on July 30, 2010 (Finally!!!)

rtrimble no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've had the IPhone 4 for about 4 weeks. In that time, the Phone has dropped more calls than the entire 4 YEARS that I had the Blackberry 8700c. At my desk, at home in the car, while holding it, while talking on a Jawbone Prime Headset, While talking on the provided wired headphones, while....

It can't hold a call. Many times it will drop 4 or 5 times during the same call attempt.

Love all the other features. Terrible phone.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    That's strange. I've had mine going on four months and have dropped about three calls. My wides new 9700, drops a call daily.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    3 weeks with the iphone 4 and on my 3rd one. Thank God for getting it at Best buys because the last one even with buying it in Illinois I swapped it out in San Diego. Yes there are signal issues because I can be places with no signal on the i4 and still have signal on my Blackberry. But then I don't really use the i4 for phone anyway. Got a few more days to decide if I want to keep it but if I do I think I will jailbreak it so I can tether with it. Unless I can tether without doing that. Couldn't get facetime to work with my mifi so it would be nice to be able to use 3g for that too

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got my iPhone4 a few weeks after they came out. Yes, I have experienced some issues with dropped calls, but I had the same issues with my BB 9700. I attribute it as much to AT&T and the crappy signal that we get in San Diego to the phone it's self. I have always had bad reception when I am home and I know that there are certain places where I am likely to drop a call. That has not changed with my phone. I also agree with those who have said that the media has blown the antennae issue out of proportion. I have to wonder how much of that is a result "leeks" from competing phone companies.