Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am a BB addict (Hi "state your name")... I am looking for a smartphone ... Apple iPhone forum

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2

My smartphone conundrum

Advertisement

I am a BB addict (Hi "state your name")...
    I am looking for a smartphone for my wife to be able to enjoy the google calendar that truly helps keep the family on the same page (4 calendars sync'd on my Curve).
    She won't utilize all features enough to warrant a blackberry or Iphone plan for $30/ month. I think I can still get an unlimited Media for $19 or even get her a plan w/ limits for $10.
    If not an Iphone or BB....what then? She doesn't want something overly complicated and not real expensive. She really likes the thought of it being an Iphone. My question is, what about these Iphone Clones? I see this new Sci Phone that is the latest clone. I would like some feedback from those that have had some first hand experience with the clones, and in particular this Sci Phone if possible. She's not into all the apps (how many fart apps do you need?), so really I'm just asking about the hardware and the software....and oh yea, the 'phone' portion. I am AT+T, so I know it would work on it.
    Thanks for any feedback....

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    sal, If you can get her over the wanting it to be an iPhone I'd suggest a Pearl. It's a little jewel, has the calendar and, if she ever wanted any of the other BB functions you could take advantage of them. If you could get her into a store and let her play with the Sure-Type to make sure that's not a problem that would help avoid trouble later. Then you could pick up a used one in good condition for not too much, unlock it for AT&T if needed and go from there.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the iPhone clones. Maybe another user who does will comment. This is in the right forum for that - good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Pearl

I had the Pearl myself....and dug it. The issue there is that it would require a BIS AT&T plan for $30, and she wouldn't use it enough to make it worthwhile. Thus, the thought on the Iphone clone....could work on a cheaper media package.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Don't be so sure. My technophobe significant other didn't want a bb as she wouldn't use the email, bbm, or any of that, as she called it, CRAP. Got her the Pearl...

Now, every smartphone I get, she MUST have. Her plan is bigger than mine now. Never underestimate the power of Pearlz on Gurlz.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This might be an option for her if you can wait for it to come out http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=102417

You are on to something with the flip Erica.....I could let her try out the features WiFi and go from there.
    Take care,

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just an option I thought about so she can feel more comfortable with the form factor.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Sal i know this is 'haresey" but I have for a short while used a bb with and "unlimited interent pckg on ATT. It worked ok(no PS though! ) It would get on the www and surf a bit like, google stuff!

Hope this helps. . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by salscott View Post
    I had the Pearl myself....and dug it. The issue there is that it would require a BIS AT&T plan for $30, and she wouldn't use it enough to make it worthwhile. Thus, the thought on the Iphone clone....could work on a cheaper media package.
    Sal, Just because you have a Blackberry doesn't mean you HAVE to get the BIS plan.

You could, for example, get the 8120, put it on a regular phone plan of your choice, as still use the wi-fi to browse the internet (if she has any interest in that) or not.

I have the 8320 on a pre-pay, non-data plan on T-Mobile and use the wi-fi to browse every day. The pre-pay phone plan is simply an extra line. You could also do it with the 8900 if that comes out as suggested above.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    U could get her the iphone for around $100, and surf the web with wifi and she'll be happy cause its what she wanted. It doesn't need BIS or data she can surf using wifi so it won't cost beyond your voice plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    U could get her the iphone for around $100, and surf the web with wifi and she'll be happy cause its what she wanted. It doesn't need BIS or data she can surf using wifi so it won't cost beyond your voice plan.
    Where could I find an iphone for $100?
    Thanks to all on the wifi suggestion,I'm on 8300 (no wifi). My son just got the touch and my eyes are wanderring to the iphone.

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi! It's been awhile since I've been on here. Can itunes and other apple applications be added to the sc-iphones and other iclones?

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    no the sciphone runs on the ophone OS, the chinese knockoff OS.
    Apps will not work on it and what sucks is some versions dont even support java which means you really have no support for any apps.

I had the cect p168 and I hated it, you are better off selling the iclone and buying an iphone you will be much happier in the end.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The iPhone is very user friendly. My kids even know how to use it. Don't let her stay in the dark ages. If you got her a BB or iPhone, I think you should show her all the things they can do. Give her a chance to see if she would like it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Iclone OS

Hi

After all the different operating systems I found for my blackberry to run without a data plan, I'd be thoroughly shocked if there is not a version of the OS needed to run itunes on the sciphone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast