Hey everyone. I have an iPhone 3G and I've been using it for 6 months ... Apple iPhone forum

GraphiXation no está en línea Stack level 1

My iPhone or Blackberry?

Advertisement

Hey everyone.

I have an iPhone 3G and I've been using it for 6 months now. I did anything like many ppl to get it and spent 2 months finding a way 2 hack it so I can use it on any network. Everything went well and I was happy and always playing around with it, but now that I saw the Blackberry 8900 curve I don't know what's going on. Almost everyone I know has a BB and they're all pushing me 2 get one, and my husband is also wanting 2 get one.

And I need advice cause I can't make up my mind if we should get Blackberries or should I stick 2 what I have. I'm liking the BB messenger idea and it will save me a lot of money instead of SMSing.

Regards

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    Well SMS shouldnt be much of a big deal since there are free SMS apps for the IPhone that you can use...If you want to use BB messenger then of course get a BB...I miss BB messenger and the fact that email wasnt a pain in the butt to use. I do like the selection I have for apps on my IPhone. If you cannot live without the great music function and great app store then stick with the IPhone, if you want a better email function and BB messenger then hell go with the BB. I have been thinking about buying a Bold or even wait until I get out of Marine Corps bootcamp and getting the new Curve when it launches on AT&T.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It really comes down to what you want your device to do. There are many things the iPhone can do and the BB can't, and vise-versa. Have you had a chance to play with the BB. I think if you do there will be no doubt BB for business and connectivity and iPhone for fun.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^First sentence says it all^^.

Don't be influenced by pier pressure, think about your own needs and what you would like. Forget them, unless they are going to pay the bill.
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-18-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: spelling errors

PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    It really comes down to what you want your device to do. There are many things the iPhone can do and the BB can't, and vise-versa. Have you had a chance to play with the BB. I think if you do there will be no doubt BB for business and connectivity and iPhone for fun.
    The IPhone isn't bad for business, you can connect it with Microsoft Exchange and sync the device the way you can a BB...It all depends on if the company you work for wants you using BES or allows for an IPhone on the server...I would much rather use a BB for business unless I were a Doctor.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by trigga15 View Post
    The IPhone isn't bad for business, you can connect it with Microsoft Exchange and sync the device the way you can a BB...It all depends on if the company you work for wants you using BES or allows for an IPhone on the server...I would much rather use a BB for business unless I were a Doctor.
    I am NO doctor but I am in the medical field what advantage might I gain from an iPhone that I don't have with my BB?? I don't want to take away or hijack the OPs original question so please pm me your opinion so we stay on topic in the thread.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 05-19-2009 at 12:16 AM.

GraphiXation no está en línea Stack level 1
    well I don't have any of the free SMS ur talking about and I don't think that I can use them with my provider cause honestly there is no wireless or wi-fi where I go. But the BB can connect thru the service and my provider configures ur SIM for the service of BB messaging and using the browser. I don't really use my Iphone that much, cause I have a 30G Ipod and all my music is on there.

confession: I went last night and both my husband and I bought the Blackberry Curve 8900. and honestly I think I'm starting to fall in love.

PIN/ID
    21655FFB
    Quote Originally Posted by GraphiXation View Post
    well I don't have any of the free SMS ur talking about and I don't think that I can use them with my provider cause honestly there is no wireless or wi-fi where I go. But the BB can connect thru the service and my provider configures ur SIM for the service of BB messaging and using the browser. I don't really use my Iphone that much, cause I have a 30G Ipod and all my music is on there.

confession: I went last night and both my husband and I bought the Blackberry Curve 8900. and honestly I think I'm starting to fall in love.
    Well all that matters is you're liking the Curve. :-) Congrats on the new buy.

hust no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    What type network is the phone for? Just Gsm?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~